Our country's struggle for Independence was the culmination of the individual and collective sacrifices of crores of freedom fighters. Their stories of courage and determination are in inspiration to all of us today, as we celebrate Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the 75th Year of Independence. Indian Govt has launched various programmes and initiatives to celebrate and mark this momentous occasion.
MyGov, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India, is organizing acompetition– 'Azaadi Ke Senani'(Dress up like a real superhero) as a part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrations. This competition seeks to stir up love and respect among our younger generation for those who brought us freedom and also teach them about them.
Just as these heroes worked with a deep sense of patriotism for their country, the Ministry urges India's next generation, our children, to dress up like them!
Themes for Participation
This Competition series requires children to dress up as freedom fighter heroes oftheir choice and upload the video on various social media platforms and share the details on the MyGov Innovate platform. They must also use the hashtag(#AzaadiKeSenani) and tag MyGov where possible.
Children can dress-up like any of their favourite freedom fighters based on their birth anniversaries, Special days (National Unity Day, Gandhi Jayanti etc.), or other important events. The kids would be required to upload their video links.
- The competition is open for participation to all citizens/Indian Nationals.
- Link of videos on social media like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram etc., which is publicly accessible can be uploaded on MyGov platform https://innovateindia.mygov.in along with contact information.
- The social media post may also include hashtag(#AzaadiKeSenani) Participant may also tag MyGov where possible.
- The video should ideally have a famous quote of the freedom fighter chosen (e.g. “Give me blood, and I shall give you freedom”, can perhaps be said by a child dressed up as Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose)
- Video duration to be between 15 seconds to 30 seconds including credits.
- The entries are eligible in all recognized Indian languages/dialects.
- Each entry will be judged on the relevance of creativity, dressing and dialogue used.
- The best entries will be featured on MyGov’s website and promoted on social media handles to crores of MyGov users.
Competition Launch Date : 1st September, 2021
Competition End Date : 16th September, 2022