The 11th National Biennial Competition for Green Grassroots Unaided Technological Innovations, Ideas & Outstanding Traditional Knowledge.
NATIONAL INNOVATION FOUNDATION (NIF), an autonomous body of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India aims to recognize, respect and reward grassroots technological innovators and traditional knowledge experts.
The innovations can be in agriculture, machines, processes or products for farm/non-farm operations, household utility, transportation, energy conservation or generation, reduction in drudgery, development of plant varieties, development of herbal remedies for human/ animal problems, or any other low cost sustainable green technologies.
These should be unaided/unsupervised and an outcome of one’s own creativity, without any technical support from external agencies. Special awards will be given for innovations and outstanding traditional knowledge of/for women. There will be prizes to recognize outstanding innovations by/for people with physical disabilities as well.
Creative ideas for innovative technologies, which may not have been developed into prototypes are also welcome. Children in or out of school are also encouraged to send their original ideas for the competition.
- Academic Qualification: School students (upto class 12, the maximum age is expected to be about 17-18 years)
- Gender: Both
- Region: All India
- Individuals, from the unorganized sectors of the society, who have achieved distinction in improving quality and productivity without the aid of formal institutions, are invited to participate in the 11th National Biennial Competition for Unaided Green Grassroots Ideas, Innovations and Outstanding Traditional Knowledge. Ideas for innovative technologies which have not yet become products are also welcome.
- NIF is very keen that women knowledge holders/innovators participate in this campaign in as large a number as possible. We have had rather limited participation from women in the past and we wish to rectify this situation with the cooperation of groups working with women in the unorganized sector
How to Apply
- Individuals or groups may send as many entries as they wish on plain paper providing technical details of the idea/innovation/traditional knowledge practice along with sketches, photos or videos wherever available/necessary genesis of idea/innovation or traditional knowledge educational qualification of the innovators/ traditional knowledge holders and occupation, complete postal address with pin code and contact number(s) and any other information that may seem necessary.
Where to send Entries
Eleventh National Biennial Competition
National Innovation Foundation - India
Reward of National Biennial Competition
- The best three innovations will be awarded Rs 500,000 (National First), Rs 300,000 (National Second) and Rs 100,000 (National Third) each in different categories. NIF may also give a Life Time Achievement Award of Rs 750,000 to an outstanding innovator with demonstrated lifelong creativity.
- There will be several consolation prizes of Rs 10,000 each in different categories depending upon the incremental inventiveness and potential social and environmental impact. In addition, individuals and/or organizations that make extraordinary contributions in scouting grassroots innovations and traditional knowledge may also get recognition and awards worth Rs 100,000, Rs 50,000 and Rs 25,000 besides recognition to many others.
- Three most outstanding innovative ideas may be given prizes of Rs 50,000, 25,000 and 15,000 in addition to consolation prizes of Rs 5,000 each. Certificate of appreciation may be given to herbal and traditional knowledge holders whose claims may not have been validated but whose contributions are worth emulating for the society.
- The outstanding entries will also be widely publicized in the Honey Bee Newsletter and through other media.
- Summary and/or details of the selected innovative practices and traditional lnowledge practices included in the Register will be displayed at the websites of NIF with the Prior informed consent of the innovators/knowledge providers.
- Facilitation through other Linkages/NIF Website.
- All entries for National Biennial Competition will be screened for their validity, uniqueness, creativity, social impact, potential impact, eco-friendliness, value for linkage with Science and Technology and prospects of diffusion through the commercial and non-commercial channel.
- The selected entries will be evaluated by a group of experts and Honey Bee Network Collaborators.
- NIF will take into account BOTH education AND occupation of the participant.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Last date for the 11th National Biennial Competition: 31 March 2019