National Entrance Screening Test (NEST 2018) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Dept. of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India in 2007.
Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programs of Dept. of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country.
The test is conducted in around 90 town and cities all over India.
- Entrance Test for admission to 5 year Integrated M.Sc. Programs at National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and;
- University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS) Mumbai.
- All students admitted to NISER and CEBS are eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship of Rs. 60,000 per year nd additional Rs. 20,000 per year for Summer Internship.
- Top Performers of NISER and CEBS can directly apply for selection interviews of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre Training School.
- Candidates in General and OBC category should be born on or after August 01, 1998. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2016 or 2017.
- Candidates appearing in 2018 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD), the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
- Candidates must choose 02 (two) centres in order of their preference while filling up of application form
- It is allowed to select two centres from the same city, such as Delhi–East and Delhi–North. Every effort will be made to allot the centre of first preference
- Please note that ultimately the allotment of an exam centre by the Chief Coordinator has to be regarded as final and request for change of centre will, in general, not be entertained.
- The address of the test venue for any centre will be mentioned on the NEST admit card.
- The question paper will consist of 5 (five) sections of objective (MCQ) type questions. Section 1 is the general section and is of 30 marks. There will be no negative marking in the general section
- Sections 2 through 5 are of 50 marks each and will contain subject specific questions from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject–sections as they wish. However, only the best three subject–scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation
- The answers to each question are to be marked on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet
- The syllabus for NEST 2018 primarily follows the NCERT/CBSE science syllabus of class XI–XII. The syllabus can also be downloaded on the www.nestexam.in website under the ‘Syllabus’ tab.
- The application fee for the male candidates of Male General and OBC categories is Rs.1000/–
- The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/PD categories and for all female candidates is Rs.500/–. Payments can be made using credit card/debit card/net–banking of more than 40 banks through online payment gateway
- Candidates need not send any document to NEST office in the entire application process (initiative)
- Please refer to the instruction sheet (the ‘How to Apply’ tab on www.nestexam.in) for details of application process
- The admit card for NEST 2018 will be available for downloading from 3rd week of April 2018; admit cards will not be dispatched to any applicant. Applicants must download their admit cards from NEST website (after login)
- The download link will be available only till the day of exam
How to Apply
- To apply for NEST 2018, candidates must fill–up the online application form through www.nestexam.in on or after 01st January 2018
- Candidates are strongly advised to read the detailed online application procedure available on the website. Online application process closes on 5th March 2018. There is no offline application mode available for NEST 2018
Read the instructions in the given link before applying;
For more information visit the website: www.nestexam.in
- Registration/Online, Application Opens 01st January 2018 (10.00 am)
- Online Application Closes: 05th March 2018 (midnight)
- Download of Admit Card Starts 14th April 2018 (10.00 am)
- Date of Exam: 02nd June 2018 (Saturday, 10.00 am - 01.00 pm)