IISC Bangalore B.Sc. Research Admission 2020: The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore has released an admission notification inviting applications from interested, eligible candidates to apply for its 4 years Bachelor of Science (Research) Program for the academic session 2020.
The Program is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a M.Sc. degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
The four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme is organized into eight semesters. The final semester is devoted exclusively to a research project. The following major disciplines are available in the Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme:
- Earth & Environmental Science
- Academic Qualification: Candidates who have completed their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2019 and those who are expecting to complete their II PUC / 12th Standard in 2020 are eligible to apply. The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects during their II PUC / 12th Standard. Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the II PUC / 12th Standard examination.
How to apply
Step 1: Register Online
Step 2: Fill the form
Step 3: Make the Payment by Net-banking, Visa Card/ Master Card, Debit/Credit Cards.
The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD categories.
Admission will be done on basis of merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2018 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship]
- KVPY Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates [appeared in 2018 for SA, 2019 for SX and selected for the Fellowship]
(IIT)JEE-Main: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
(IIT)JEE-Advanced: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
NEET-UG: Appearing in 2020 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (OBC-NCL), 54% (EWS), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)
For more information click the link given below
Depending on their performance in national examinations such as KVPY, IITJEE (Main and Advanced), and AIPMT, students will be able to avail themselves of the standard fellowships offered by agencies such as KVPY and DST-INSPIRE.
- Commencement of submission of online applications: 1st February 2020
- Last date for submission of online applications: 30th April 2020