National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is a compulsory test for students seeking admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CEBS), Mumbai. Both NISER and UM-DAE CEBS were set up by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India in 2007. Their mandate is to train scientific manpower for carrying out cutting edge scientific research and for providing input to scientific programmes of Department of Atomic Energy and other applied science institutions in the country. NEST 2021 will be conducted in around 90 cities.
NISER offers a 5 year integrated M.Sc. programme in -
- Mathematical and
- Physical sciences.
NISER functions from its campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy.
Integrated MSc program at NISER, Bhubaneswar & UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai:
Candidates must qualify all four eligibility criteria listed below:
- Candidates in the Unreserved and OBC categories must have been born on or after August 01, 2001. The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Divyangjan candidates.
- Class XII qualifying examination must have passed in either 2019 or 2020. Candidates appearing in 2021 are also eligible. (Where only Letter Grade is given by the Board, a certificate from the Board specifying equivalent percentage marks will be required. In the absence of such a certificate the decision of the respective Admission Committees will be final.)
- At least 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII examination from any recognized Board in India. For Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Divyangjan candidates, the minimum requirement is 55%.
- Candidate should secure a position in the NEST merit list.
- Registration / Online application opens :24th of February 2021.
- Online application closes : 15th July, 2021.
NEST 2021 has been postponed. A new date will be announced in due course of time.
The NEST 2021 examination will be conducted at multiple centres (major towns or cities) all over India on June 14, 2021 (Monday), 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM (first session) and 2:30 PM – 6:00 PM (second session). The candidates will be assigned to one of the two sessions. Based on the performance in NEST 2021, Merit List of the candidates will be prepared for NISER and CEBS separately
NEST 2021 examination will be a Computer-Based Test (CBT/online exam)
Application Fee: The application fee for the male candidates of General and OBC categories is 1,200/–. The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/Divyangjan categories and for all female candidates is 600/–. Payments can be made using credit card/debit card/net–banking through online payment gateway. Please use Mastercard/Visa/RuPay cards only.
FOR ALL DETAILS