Chennai Mathematical Institute is a centre of excellence for teaching and research in the mathematical sciences. It was founded in 1989 as a part of the SPIC Science Foundation, funded by the SPIC group in Chennai. Since 1996, it has been an autonomous institution
The main areas of research at CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics. In addition to a vibrant PhD programme, the Institute conducts BSc programmes in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with MSc programmes in Mathematics, Applications of Mathematics and Computer Science.
- Bachelor of Science honours in Maths & Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science honours in Maths & Physics
- Academic Qualification: Students who have already passed, or expect to pass in 2019, the 12th standard (or equivalent) examination from a recognized board are eligible for admission to the programme
For More Information Click the link below
How to Apply
You can Apply For admissions by both modes Online & Offine
Step 1: Register Online
Step 2: Fill the Application Form
Step 3: Make the Payment of 750
You can obtain application forms and information brochures by post. Please send a DD for Rs. 900/- in favour of Chennai Mathematical Institute, drawn on any bank, payable at Chennai to the following address, preferrably by Speed Post or courier:
Attn: Request for Application Form 2019
Chennai Mathematical Institute
H1, SIPCOT IT Park, Siruseri
Kelambakkam 603103, Tamil Nadu
Phone: (044) 7196 1000
Indicate clearly your name, address and the programme(s) you are applying for.
- On the basis of Entrance Examination
- The entrance examination is a test of aptitude for Mathematics at the 12th standard level, featuring both objective questions and problems drawn mostly from the following topics: arithmetic, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.
- Admit Cards will be available online from 1 May, 2019.
- There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. You will have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Centre along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by your school/college/employer.
Fees and Scholarships
The tuition fee is Rs 1,00,000/- per semester (two semesters in a year). Forty scholarships will be available, consisting of a full waiver of the tuition fees. In addition, a limited number of fellowships will be available, with a monthly allowance of Rs. 5,000. The eligibility of a student to receive scholarships and fellowships will be reviewed every semester and will depend on satisfactory academic performance.
- Applications open (online and paper): Monday, 11 March, 2019
- Last date of issue of paper applications : Friday, 12 April, 2019
- Last date to fill out online applications, (including online payments), and for paper applications to reach CMI : Saturday, 13 April, 2019
- Last date for updating DD details online : Tuesday, 16 April, 2019
- Last date for DDs to reach CMI : Monday, 22 April, 2019
- Admit Cards to be available online : Wednesday, 1 May, 2019
- Date of the Entrance Examination : Wednesday, 15 May, 2019
- Date of announcement of results : Before Tuesday, 18 June, 2019