The National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2018 for Undergraduate Graduates courses is held on May 6, 2018 at various test centres across the nation.
The exam was conducted for admissions to MBBS/BDS courses in medical/dental colleges run with an approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India.
Nationality: You need to belong to Indian Nationals or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
Age Limit: Minimum – You need to be a minimum of 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.
Maximum – You should not be more than 25 years of age for general category and 30 years of age for reserved category.
Qualification: You need to have cleared of currently appearing class 12th or its equivalent examination from any recognized board with Chemistry, Physics, Bio-technology/Biology or any other elective subject with English.
Percentage Criteria: You need to have secured at least 50% marks in PCB group for general category candidates, 45% for general PH candidates and 40% for ST/SC/OBC category candidates.
Seat Reservation for NEET 2017 Exam
SC (Schedule Caste)- 15%
ST (Schedule Tribe)- 7.5%
OBC–Non Creamy Layer- 27%
Physically Handicapped (PH) 3% seats (on horizontal basis)
How to Apply
Candidates can apply for NEET MBBS Admission 2018 exam through online process only.
Application Fees for NEET Exam 2018
- Courses: Conducted for BDS/MBBS courses
- Number of Questions: 180 multiple choice questions
- Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany
- Language: English or Hindi
- Mode of Exam: Offline mode (pen and paper based mode)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
- NEET syllabus would consist of 4 subjects, i.e. Chemistry, Physics, Zoology and Botany.
- Questions would be asked from the above mentioned subjects only.
- It will contain 11th & 12th board (NCERT & CBSE) academic syllabus.
- Few questions would be asked from the other boards syllabus.
For more information: http://cbseneet.nic.in/cbseneet/Welcome.aspx
- Schedule for on-line submission of application- 08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 09.03.2018 (Friday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
- Schedule for successful payment of online fee- 08.02.2018 (Thursday) to 10.03.2018 (Saturday) upto 23:50 Hrs. (IST)
- Correction in Application Form- 12.03.2018 (Monday) to 16.03.2018 (Friday)
- Date of uploading of Admit Cards on website: 2nd Week of April, 2018
- Date of Examination, NEET (UG) 2018- 06.05.2018 (Sunday)
- Display of OMR Sheet Will be intimated on website
- Display of Answer Key Will be intimated on website
- Declaration of Result- 05.06.2018 (Tuesday)