The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) was established in 1909 by a visionary partnership between the industrialist Jamsetji Nusserwanji Tata, the Mysore royal family and the Government of India.
The Indian Institute of Science, a leading institution of higher learning with a strong tradition of research, offers a four-year Bachelor of Science (Research) Programme which is designed as a balanced blend of core science and interdisciplinary topics to serve as a platform for attractive career opportunities in academia and industry.
Six major disciplines are being offered:
(3) Earth & Environmental Science
The major discipline chosen will appear in the degree certificate of each graduate.
Students who complete the requirements for the award of the Bachelor of Science (Research) degree will have the option of getting a Master of Science degree by studying at the Institute for a fifth year.
- Candidates who have completed their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2020 and those who are expecting to complete their 10+2 (or equivalent) examination in 2021 are eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects in their qualifying exam (10+2 or equivalent)..
- Candidates who have studied Biology, Statistics, Electronics, Computer Science, etc., in addition to Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates must have secured a first class or 60% or equivalent grade (relaxed to pass class for SC/ST candidates) in the qualifying examination (10+2 or equivalent)
Based on the merit list of one of the following national examinations:
- KVPY-SA [appeared in 2019 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SB [appeared in 2020 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SX [appeared in 2020 and selected for the Fellowship],
- KVPY-SA[appeared in 2019] and SX[appeared in 2020]
- Fellows selected through the Empowerment Initiative for SC/ST candidates,
- IIT-JEE-Main [appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54 % (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)],
- IIT-JEE-Advanced [appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54 % (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)], and
- NEET-UG [appearing in 2021 and securing a minimum of 60% (GN), 54% (EWS), 54% (OBC-NCL), 30% (SC/ST/PwD)].
HOW TO APPLY
(a) Application Forms (available only online):
The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GN/EWS/OBC/KM candidates and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PwD categories.
The fee is non-refundable; any bank or payment gateway service charges must be borne by the applicant).
Last date for submission of on-line applications (website closes at 23:59 hours of 30.04.2021