B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (4 years) , Vellore Institute of Technology | 2018-19
The study of agriculture is called agricultural science or agricultural technology. The field combines the natural and social sciences, along with economics, engineering and management (particularly natural resources management and business management) of biological systems to practice, develop and understand the fields of agriculture , horticulture and forestry.
Eliigibility critera :
Only candidates who have the following credentials shall be eligible for admission to B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture (4 years)
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full time and formal education alone are eligible to apply.
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National.
- Date of Birth : Born on or after 01.07.1998.
- A pass with 60% marks in 10+2 or intermediate with PCMB, PCB, PCM or Agriculture (P-Physics, C-Chemistry, M-Mathematics, B-Biology) from a recognized Board/University .
- A pass with 50% marks in 10+2 or intermediate with PCMB, PCB, PCM or Agriculture (P-Physics, C-Chemistry, M-Mathematics, B-Biology) from a recognized Board/University for the following categories:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST
- Candidates hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Admission proceduure :
- There is NO ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
- Eligible Candidates will be called for the counselling in the order of merit based on the marks secured in the +2 / Higher Secondary Examination
How to apply:
- Candidate can apply through online at www.vit.ac.in through Netbanking/Debit card/Credit card mode Procedure.
- Register Yourself (Click on New applicant)
- Verify your registered email id for the password from VIT
- Fill the application form through online mode using netbanking/Debit card / Credit card
- Pay the application fee Rs. 500/- (inclusive of GST). The application cost is non-refundable
- Enclose required documents along with the application form and send the hardcopy of the same to VIT.
Copy of Age proof certificate
Copy of XII mark sheet
Copy of Community Certificate (only for SC/ST candidates)
Copy of Nativity Certificate (only for candidates hailing from Jammu and Kashmir and North eastern states)
Important dates :
|Date of issue of application form||16 April 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||10/06/2018|
|Publication of Results (Tentative)||Publication of Results (Tentative)|