The department of Industries & Commerce, Govt. Of Punjab, established Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology, in 1995, comprehending and visualizing the need of trained professionals in the arena of Textile and Garment Industry.
An MOU was signed with the National institute of Fashion Technology, New Delhi for steering and supporting in admission procedure, faculty recruitment and training as well as curriculum scheduling and upgrading. Mohali, equipped with the conspicuously fast developing and already established garment industry situated at Baddi, Lalru, Dera Bassi and in the vicinity of Chandigarh, became a preferred location for NIIFT to have its firm base and thus adding to the prestige and distinction of the famous city.
|PROGRAMMES OFFERED AND CENTRE WISE SEATS|
|UNDER GRADUATE PROGRAMMES||MOHALI||LUDHIANA||JALANDHAR||TOTAL SEATS|
|B.SC FASHION DESIGN||60||60||30||150|
|B.SC FASHION DESIGN (KNITS) / KNITWEAR DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY||30||30|
|B.SC TEXTILE DESIGN||60||60|
- The +2 level examinations in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi or
- General Certificate Education (GCE) Examination (London/Cambridge/Sri- Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level or
- Any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to 10+2 system or
- A pass grade in the Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Open School with a minimum of five subjects or
- 3 or 4-years diploma recognized by AICTE or a State Board of Technical Education.
NIIFT -Admission Calendar 2021
Date for applying Online Application form 1 st February 2021 to 7th March 2021
Date of online exam and interview for Under Graduate Courses (for NIIFT Mohali and NIIFT Ludhiana ) Last week of March 2021 Receipt of written/online