Applications are invited from unmarried male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (hereinafter referred to as PCM) subjects and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
- A candidate must be an unmarried male and must either be :
- A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Nepal, or (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be shortlisted provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
- A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence i.e. the candidate should not be born before 02 Jul 2001 and not after 01 Jul 2004 (both days inclusive).
- Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM percentage of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
- Candidate applying for the entry should not have been debarred from appearing in any examination by UPSC. Candidate should not have been arrested/convicted by a criminal court or involved in any court case.
- Medical Examination & Physical Standards. Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedure of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
Total training will be of 5 years. Details are as under:
(a) Basic Military Training. 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
(b) Technical Training. (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
(c) Award of Degree. The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of the final examination
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION-
How to Apply.
Application will only be accepted online.
To do so the candidate needs to click on the ‘online application’ button on website https://joinindianarmy.nic.in/officers-instructions-for-applying-online.htm
(a) Candidates must enter their particulars in the online application.
(b) A candidate is permitted to make changes to data filled incorrectly in online application till the closing of the online applications. The candidate must ‘submit’ his application each time he opens his application for editing. No changes to online application will be permitted thereafter and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
(c) After successfully submitting the form, the candidate will receive a confirmation in the form of a dialog box of having submitted the application.
Print out of the application with a Roll number will be available to the candidate 30 mins after the closing of online applications.
One copy of the print out application duly self attested by the candidate will be carried to the selection centre for the SSB interview. Following documents will also be carried along with the Application Form:-
- Class 10th certificate and mark sheet in original showing DOB.
- Class 12th certificate and mark sheet in original.
- ID proof in original. The second copy of the printout of online application is to be retained by the candidate for his reference.
Shortlisting of Applications.
(a) Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist application and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason After shortlisting of candidates, the Centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, firm SSB dates will be allotted to the candidates.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will undergo SSB at one of the Selection Centres i.e, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) or Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer.
(c) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria. In the eventuality of being recommended by SSB, candidate should have no objection for undergoing medical examination by board of Male/Female doctors
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 10 AUG 2020 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL BE CLOSED ON 09 SEP 2020 AT 1200 HRS.