NDA Exam 2019 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
National Defence Academy
National Defence Academy at khadakwasla is a Defence Training Institute which imparts basic training for all three Services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force and Navy. India Males (NDA is not for females) who intend to join armed Forces can join NDA after 12th. To get into NDA, A three stage selection Procedure is followed, i.e. Written Exam, Service Selection Board Interview and Finally Medical examination. The selected candidates go through rigorous training for 3 years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of JNU Delhi (Apart from this the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like PT, Drills And games. The emphasis in NDA is on character building, mental and physical robustness, leadership and a sense of keen observation for leading the troops in the Battle field.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2001 and not later than 1st January, 2004 are eligible.
For more information click the link given below
How to Apply
Step 1: Candidates are required to apply Online by using the website upsconline.nic.in
Step 2: Fill the application form carefully
Step 3: Upload the Photograph, Signature & select the examination centre
Step 4: Pay the application fee online through SBI Net banking or by cash through SBI bank challan or through credit card/debit card.
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of: (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion.
- Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
- Mathematics: 300 Marks
- General Ability Test: 600 Marks
Intelligence and Personality Test
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process - stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:
- Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.
- Application start date: 7th August 2019
- Last date to Apply: 3rd September 2019
- Entrance Exam date: 17th November 2019