If you are between 18 and 20 years of age, have successfully completed or are completing Class XII, join the Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP) in one of the hotels of The Oberoi Group.
STEP is an opportunity for students to participate in a three-year programme that offers practical training at a hotel of The Oberoi Group. You will be trained in the four core operational departments of a hotel: Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Service and Kitchen.
- The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August of the year of the commencement of the program.
- The candidate should have attained a clear pass in class XII as on 1st July of the year of the commencement of the program, from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India.
For Hotel Operations Program (Front Office / Food and Beverage Service focus) and Kitchen Operations Program
- The candidate should have obtained 61% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 Grade or a 7 Grade Point.
For Hotel Operations Program (Housekeeping focus)
- The candidate should have obtained 51% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a C1 Grade or a 6 Grade Point.
Qualities they are looking for
- A positive attitude with a desire for excellence
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative, drive and an eye for detail
- Team orientation
They offer two Programm under STEP:
The Kitchen Operations Program
- The Kitchen Operations Program involves training in Western and Indian kitchens and specialist sections such as bakery, pastry and cold kitchen.
The Hotel Operations Program
The Hotel Operations Programme consists of two streams:
- Front Office / Food and Beverage Service focus
- Housekeeping focus
The program is currently being hosted by:
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra;
- The Oberoi, Bengaluru;
- The Oberoi Cecil, Shimla;
- The Oberoi, Gurgaon;
- The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur;
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur;
- Trident, Agra;
- Trident, Chennai;
- Trident, Gurgaon; Trident, Jaipur; Trident, Udaipur;
- Trident Bandra Kurla, Mumbai; Trident, Cochin and Trident, Bhubaneswar.
How To Apply
STEP 1 – Fill the application form
An on-line application form is available every year by February which you have to fill and submit on-line.
It is recommended that you understand the details of the Programmes being offered before filling this form.
STEP 2 – Select the venue and date for your selection process.
When you fill the form, options to select the city, date and time for your selection process will be available by February.
STEP 3 – Print and submit the form.
Note: Please take a printout of your completed application form. Bring this application form along with one passport size photograph on the date of your selection process.
- Come to the venue of the selection process on the date you have chosen.
- Please arrive on time. You will not be admitted once the process starts.
- On the day of the interview, the candidate must bring the following documents with him/her:
- Self attested copies of the following:
- One print-out of their application form along with one passport-size photograph.
- One copy of their class X certificate. If the candidate's certificate does not mention their date of birth, one copy of their birth certificate will be required.
- One copy of their class XII certificate.
- The candidate should be deemed medically fit by our company doctor.
- All the testimonials should be verified as authentic.
- A typical selection day will commence with candidates registering for one of the Programmes.
- Thereafter, the candidates would go through three rounds of selection activities:
Round 1: Candidates are divided into groups of 15-20 participants and are taken through a round of activities and questionnaires. Here, the evaluator checks the candidates grooming, poise and spoken English.
Round 3: Short-listed candidates from Round 2 will be invited for another round of activities and questionnaires including a final interview with a panel. This may be on a different day and city than the above two rounds.
Results and Program commencement
- Results are sent by email or post.
- The Program will commence in August.
For more information: Click Here!
- Online Application Process: Till April
- Selection Process: April-May
- Letter of offer is sent: End-June
- Program starts: Mid-August