The Government of India has established the IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years, the IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds.
About the BS and BS-MS Dual Degree Programs
- Five-year dual degree program for science students
- Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
- Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in the natural sciences, engineering sciences and economics
- Opportunity to pursue impactful research
- Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
- Access to on-campus medical facilities along with sports and other recreational facilities
- Biological Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- Economic Sciences
- Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
- Geological Sciences
- Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Candidate must be an Indian national or PIO or OCI.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2021 or 2022 from any board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) (list of recognised boards)
- Candidates must have taken at least three among Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics during their higher secondary course to be considered as from a "science stream".
- Candidates belonging to GEN/OBC and OBC-NCL should have scored minimum of 60% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD should have scored minimum of 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent grade in the qualifying examination.
- Candidates who are not Indian nationals or PIO or OCI can apply for admission only through the IIT-JEE (Advanced) channel.
- The following candidates are not eligible for admission:
- A candidate admitted earlier to any of the IISERs.
- A candidate who previously accepted a seat in any of the IISERs, but did not join.
- A candidate whose admission to any of the IISERs was cancelled after joining.
The application portal for JEE and KVPY applicants will open at a later date. The current application portal is only for those who are applying from the SCB channel.
Candidates who satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria can apply through the following channels for admission:
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
Exam Format and Syllabus
The IISER Aptitude Test - 2022 (IAT-2022) is a computer-based, 3-hour test covering Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology. IAT - 2022 will be conducted in nearly 150 cities/towns across India on July 3, 2022.
IAT-2022 Schedule (for SCB channel only)
|Application Portal opens on||May 25, 2022|
|Last date for online applications||June 15th, 2022 11:59 PM|
|IISER Aptitude Test||July 03, 2022|