IIIT Hyderabad invites you to take admission in their two undergraduate programmes through JEE Mains 2020.
- B.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Academic Qualification: Obtaining a minimum of 60% marks in Maths, Physics and Chemistry in Class XII. Applicants must have appeared for JEE (Main) as the total percentile in this exam is mandatory for application to this mode of admission.
- The JEE mode has 100 seats sanctioned for BTech in CSE programme and 60 seats sanctioned for BTech in ECE programme. These will be divided into two Pools: 75% of total seats will be assigned to the Common pool and 25% of seats will be assigned to the Diversity pool.
- While all applicants are eligible for seats in the Common pool, only Female applicants whose JEE (Main) score is in the top 1% percentile are eligible for the Diversity pool.
- A single rank list of all the applicants in the JEE mode will be used for seat allotment.
- During seat allotment, the Diversity pool will be filled first. Only after these seats are exhausted will a female applicant be considered for an available seat in the common pool.
IIIT Hyderabad values diversity among their student population and strives to increasing the same. The Institute is targeting at least 25% of the students admitted in the JEE mode in 2020-21 to be girls.
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the required documents
Step 4: Application the fee
The application fee is Rs 1500/- (Non-Refundable)
Applicants must have appeared for JEE (Main) as the total percentile in this exam is mandatory for application to this mode of admission.
For candidates who attempt JEE Main exam twice (January 2020 and July 2020), the best percentile of the two attempts will be considered. Ties among applicants in the total percentile are resolved by considering first the Maths, then the Physics and then the Chemistry percentiles from the corresponding examination before ranking all applicants.
Any ties at the subjects level among applicants will be handled by assigning the same rank to the applicants who will then be treated on par. Class XII marks have no bearing on the ranking and seat allotment.
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: 5th June 2020
- Last date to apply: Yet to be announced