The Humanities and Social Sciences Entrance Examination or HSEE is a national level entrance test conducted every year by Indian Institute of Technology Madras for admission to the master programme offered by the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) of the institute.
The Department of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS) is one of the earliest departments at IITM. The department is essentially multi-disciplinary in nature and has faculty from diverse streams, such as Development Studies, Economics, English, Environmental Studies, Film Studies,
Since 2006-07, the department has been offering a five-year integrated Master of Arts (M.A.) programme.
Integrated M.A. in Development Studies
Integrated M.A. in English Studies
Last Date for submission of online application - March 15, 2021.
Payment made by Indian Bank E-Challan - Ends by March 16, 2021.
HSEE-2021 will be held on - Sunday, June 13, 2021,09:00 IST and 12:00 IST
SC / ST / PwD Rs. 1200/-
All Others Rs. 2400/-
Exam Pattern For HSEE-2021
- Type of Question Paper: HSEE-2021 is of three hours duration and has two parts.
- Part I consists of objective type multiple choice questions for 2½ hours duration (150 minutes), administered through computer.
- Part II involves essay writing for 30 minutes where the student can use the keyboard to type the essay in the space provided in the question paper. However, candidates wishing to write essay in offline mode (using pen and paper) will also be allowed to do so, upon request. The request can be made while downloading the Admit Card by clicking suitable option.
- One hour compensatory (extra) time (50 minutes for Part I and 10 minutes for Part II) will also be allowed to the candidates with 40% or more disability.
- Part I covers the following topics: (i) English and Comprehension Skill; (ii) Analytical and Quantitative Ability; (iii) General Studies covering the areas of Indian Economy, Indian Society and Culture, World Affairs ; and (iv) Environment and Ecology.
- Part II requires the candidates to write an essay on general topic involving description, or/and reflection or/and discussion.
- Negative marks may be awarded for incorrect answers in Part I. 6.2 Language of Question Paper: English.
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION