Systematic Training and Education Program is an opportunity for students to participate in a three-year programme that offers practical training at a hotel of The Oberoi Group. You will be trained in the four core operational departments of a hotel: Front Office, Housekeeping, Food and Beverage Service and Kitchen.
If you are between 18 and 20 years of age, have successfully completed or are completing Class XII, join the Systematic Training and Education Programme (STEP) in one of the hotels of The Oberoi Group.
The Kitchen Operations Programme: The Kitchen Operations Program involves training in Western and Indian kitchens and specialist sections such as bakery, pastry and cold kitchen.
The Hotel Operations Programme: The Hotel Operations Programme consists of two streams
- Front Office / Food and Beverage Service focus
- Housekeeping focus
- Age Limit: The candidate should be above 18 years and below 20 years of age, as on 15th August of the year of the commencement of the programme.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate should have attained a clear pass in class XII as on 1st July of the year of the commencement of the programme, from a board recognized by the Indira Gandhi National Open University, India.
- Marks Required: The candidate should have obtained 61% marks or above, in English in class X. The equivalent in CBSE is a B2 Grade or a 7 Grade Point.
Qualities they are looking for
- A positive attitude with a desire for excellence
- Good communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative, drive and an eye for detail
- Team orientation
For more Information Click the link below
Benefits and more
- In addition to practical training in a hotel of The Oberois Group, the candidate enrolls for a Bachelor Degree from the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU).
- Assistance is provided in the form of a dedicated study day once a week, IGNOU fees, reference books and an additional three weeks leave to enable them to take the IGNOU exams.
- Monthly stipend, accommodation, meals on duty, uniform and medical insurance will be provided by them as a part of the training.
- A transcript of achievement is issued at the end of every year.
- Significant benefit of joining STEP is the possibility of a future career with The Oberoi Group.
- On successful completion of the programme the candidate will be awarded a Bachelor degree from IGNOU along with a Certificate of Proficiency from The Oberoi Group for the training you will undergo during the three-year programme.
How to Apply
STEP 1: Fill the application form
STEP 2: Select the venue and date for your selection process
STEP 3: Print and submit the form
Note: Please take a printout of your completed application form. Bring this application form along with one passport size photograph on the date of your selection process.
- Come to the venue of the selection process on the date you have chosen.
- Please arrive on time. You will not be admitted once the process starts.
On the day of the interview, the candidate must bring the following documents with him/her:
- One print-out of their application form along with one passport-size photograph.
- One copy of their class X certificate. If the candidate's certificate does not mention their date of birth, one copy of their birth certificate will be required.
- One copy of their class XII certificate.
- The candidate should be deemed medically fit by their company doctor.
- All the testimonials should be verified as authentic.
- A typical selection day will commence with candidates registering for one of the Programmes.
Thereafter, the candidates would go through three rounds of selection activities:
- Round 1: Candidates are divided into groups of 15-20 participants and are taken through a round of activities and questionnaires. Here, the evaluator checks the candidates grooming, poise and spoken English.
- Round 2: Short-listed candidates from Round 1 are taken to another round of activities on the same day including a one-on-one meeting with a panel comprising of faculty. Here, the evaluator gets to know them better and checks their aptitude for hospitality.
- Round 3: Short-listed candidates from Round 2 will be invited for another round of activities and questionnaires including a final interview with a panel. This may be on a different day and city than the above two rounds.
- Results are sent by email.
- The Programme will commence in August.
- Online Application Process: October-April
- Selection Process: April-May
- Letter of Offer sent: End June
- Programme starts: Mid August