Successful management and care of patients by any medical professional, largely depends upon the important and meaningful information derived through diagnostic facilities provided and available in any medical institutions. Realizing this significant fact, particularly when it forms an integral part of modern health care delivery system, it is of paramount importance that the staff engaged in various investigations must be well trained and skilled from the recognized institution which, are manned by qualified, senior and experienced Medical professionals.
The B. Sc Medical Technology course is designed to train man-power to carry out diagnostic work with great proficiency in various departments in Medical Colleges, peripheral institutions either in Govt. Sector or private sector so that the human suffering are alleviated and this profession is made a great success.
For the session 2020-2021 the office of the Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla will conduct a combined entrance test on behalf of Director, Medical Education & Research, Himachal Pradesh on the terms and conditions as approved by the Director, Medical Education & Research, H.P. for admission to the following B. Sc Medical Courses which are available in -
Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla
Dr. R.P. Govt. Medical College, Kangra at Tanda
Courses and Numbers of seats
- B.Sc. Medical Technology (Anesthesia & Operation Theatre Techniques)- 16 Seats ---This shall involve teaching and Practical training in the Deptt. of Anesthesia.
- B.Sc. Medical Technology (Laboratory) - 20 Seats ---This shall involve teaching and Practical training in Pathology, Microbiology & Biochemistry.
- B. Sc. Medical Technology (Radio-diagnosis & Radiotherapy Tech.)- 20 Seats --This shall involve teaching and Practical training in Radio-Diagnosis & Radiotherapy.
- B. Sc. Medical Technology (Renal Dialysis Tech)- 05 seats---This shall involve teaching and Practical training in Radio-diagnosis & Radiotherapy. (Only at IGMC)
- Applicant should be children of Bonafide Himachali or Children of Himachal Govt. employee and employees of autonomous bodies wholly or partially financed by Himachal Pradesh Government. They will only be eligible to apply for competing for admission to Medical Courses through entrance test.
- Candidates must be in the age group of 17 to 25 years as on 31.12.2020. However, 5 years relaxation on upper age limit shall be available for reserved category candidates as per State Government reservation policy. Candidates should have passed the qualifying examination before taking entrance test for Medical degree courses.
- The candidate should have duly qualified the examination 10+2 course of a recognized university or board with science i.e. medical group (Physics, Chemistry, Biology & English) with 50% marks for General candidate and 40% in case of SC, ST & OBC candidates.
METHOD OF SELECTION FOR ADMISSION AND PATTERN OF ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR DIRECT CANDIDATES
- Admissions to Medical Courses shall be on the basis of merit drawn through competitive entrance examination to be conducted by the Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla Himachal Pradesh. Merit list will be prepared for each category of candidates i.e. General and those belonging to reserved category.
- The Entrance examination for direct candidates shall consist of one written paper of 100 marks based on NCERT Books of the academic session according to which 10+2 (includes 11th and 12th class) examination had been conducted by Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education in the year of the competitive examination concerned. Medium of examination shall be English.
- Roll number/admit card of the candidates will be issued purely on provisional basis at the allotted Examination Centers on 22.11.2020 up to 1.00 PM and does not ensure admission/eligibility in the said course. Note:- The candidate have to write his/her Roll number and mark the answer on OMR sheet provided to them at the time of examination.”
- The question will be objective (MCQ) type comprising of one mark each.
- The following will be the distribution of marks:-
- Biology 40 Marks
- Chemistry 30 Marks
- Physics 30 Marks
- General standards of competitive entrance examination will be that of 12th Class under 10+2 scheme Science Medical Group.
- Duration of examination will be two hours and no candidate shall be admitted to the examination Hall unless he/she holds admit card issued by the academic branch of Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla.
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION--
Candidates are directed to deposit the application form -file:///C:/Users/Acer/Documents/Downloads/APPLICATION%20FORM%20WITH%20ADMITCARD.pdf
alongwith Bank Draft amounting to Rs. 1000/- (for General /OBC Category), Rs.500/-(for SC/ST category) in the name of, Principal, Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla and all relevant documents in following chronological manner:-
a) Matric Certificate
b) 10+2 Certificate
c) H.P. Domicile Certificate
d) Category (SC/ST/OBC/PH/EWS)
e) Character Certificate (Latest of Six months)
f) Sub Category: Ex-Ser. Man/IRDP/BPL/Other Backward Classes.
Candidates can also submit their application fee through online as per link i.e. https://www.onlinesbi.com/sbicollect/icollecthome.htm
Centre of examination
1. IGMC, Shimla (0177-2883374)
2. Dr. RPGMC, Kangra at Tanda (01892-267115)
3. Dr. Yashwant Singh Parmar Medical college, Nahan (01702-224011)
4. Shri Lal Bhadur Shastri Govt. (01905-243945) Medical College, Ner Chowk Mandi.
Last date for receipt of application forms at Principal Office (Academic Section, IGMC, Shimla). 30.10.2020
Admit Card will be issued at Allotted Examination Centers (No separate roll No. will be sent to the candidate by post) 22.11.2020 (8.30 AM to 1: 00 PM)
Date of Entrance Examination 22.11.2020 at 2:00 PM to 4:00 P.M. (at allotted examination Centers.
Display of Answer Key of MCQ 25.11.2020 5:00 PM 5 Last Date for appeal against wrong answer or Key Challenge. 26.11.2020 up to 5:00 PM
Tentative Date of declaration of result 01.12.2020
Tentative Date of issuance of merit list 03.12.2020
Date of 1st round of counseling 5.12.2020 Auditorium, IGMC 11.00 AM onwards
Tentative Date of Medical Examination 08.12.202 & 09.12.2020 10 Start of Session 14.12.2020
Date of 2nd Round of Counselling 15.12.2020 12 Last date of joining /Medical Examination for 2nd round of Counselling 17.12.2020
Mop-up round of Counselling 21.12.2020
Medical Examination for Mop –Up round 24.12.2020
Last date of joining 26..12.2020