Applications are invited by Tolani Maritime Institute, Pune for admission to full time Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech) in Marine Engineering and Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Nautical Science Program for the session commencing in July 2020.
Candidates will be able to fill TMISAT 2020 application form to appear in the entrance examination of Totani Maritime Institute in order to get admission in B.Tech Marine Engineering and B.Tech Nautical Technology.
TMI provides an excellent training ground for Marine Engineers and Nautical Officers.
- B.Tech Marine Engineering
- B.sc Nautical Sciences
- Academic Qualification: You must have successfully completed the Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or its equivalent with At least 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (P C M) and At least 50% marks in English either in Class X or Class XII
- Age Limit: Minimum age of a candidate shall be 17 years.
How to apply
Step 1: Candidate have to register online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Pay the application form
A. For all eligible applications received by 25 April 2020:
- The online test and interview will be conducted in the first half of May 2020 at Mumbai, Chennai, Cochi, Delhi, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Indore, Ranchi and Jaipur. Candidates will be shortlisted based on marks in PCM, online test, IMU test rank and interview. The selection is also subject to medical fitness a per DGS norms.
B. For applications received between 26 April and 31 May 2020:
- Applicants shortlisted on the basis of their PCM marks and IMUCET rank will be called to TMI campus in June 2020 for online test. Candidates will be short listed based on performance in above mentioned tests and medical fitness as per DGS norms.
1 Online Test
- The Online Test has Main Test with 80 Questions in four sections and a Behavioral Assessment.
- The on-line test has a multiple-choice format covering Physics, Mathematics, Analytical and Logical Reasoning. The questions are of 10+2 level. There is one section each with negative marking in Physics and Mathematics. Duration of the test is 90 minutes.
- On completion of the Main test consisting of above four sections there will be a behavioral assessment for 30 minutes.
- This test is conducted in 13 centres across India.
2 Personal Interview
- Applicants are interviewed by a panel of educators and maritime professionals to assess the applicants' communication skills, leadership potential, clarity of thought, maturity and reasoning abilities. The panel also looks for any extracurricular achievements of the candidate.
3 Medical Examination
A successful career as a merchant mariner requires more than just a strong academic foundation. Other characteristics that are necessary include:
- Communication skills
- Temperamental suitability for a sea career
- Leadership qualities
- Physical fitness
- Aptitude for scientific concepts
Tolani Maritime Institute's selection process will test candidates on each of the above parameters by taking into account a candidate's 10+2 PCM marks, rank in IMUCET, result of the TMI online entrance exam, performance in an interview and satisfactory medical tests.
Fee & Expenses
- Application start date: Already started
- Last date for application to appear in TMISAT at National Centres: 25th April 2020
- Last date for filling application forms to appear in TMISAT at Induri: 31st May 2020
- Dates for TMISAT 2020 at national centres will be declared later.