JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam 2018 is conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) for admission to MBBS Course for the academic session 2018.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Entrance Exam will be held on 03rd June 2018. JIPMER MBBS 2018 is the medical entrance exam for admission to Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research.
Duration of the Course
Duration of the MBBS course is 4 years and 6 months as per the Academic Calendar of JIPMER followed by ONE year of Compulsory Rotatory Internship for award of Degree.4
No. of Seats
Common Entrance Examination for 200 Seats
(150 seats at JIPMER, Puducherry + 50 seats at JIPMER, Karaikal)
- Nationality: The applicant should be an Indian National/Overseas Citizen of India
- Age: Candidates should be completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December 2018, the year of his/her admission to the 01st year MBBS, i.e. they should have been born on or before 01st Jan. 2002. (Request for relaxation from the prescribed age limit will not be considered for any category of applicants)
- No upper age limit
- Qualification: Must have passed / appeared for HSC (10+2) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology and English / Equivalent (For further details refer Prospectus link at:
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- Applicant must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 60% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology at the qualifying exam.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST or Other Backward Classes/ OPH the minimum marks obtained in the Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Bio-technology taken together in the qualifying exam is 50%.
- For OPH candidates in general category the minimum marks in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Biotechnology taken together in the qualifying examination is 50%.
How to Apply
Candidates seeking admission to entrance examination are required to apply on-line mode only. (Any other mode of application will not be accepted)
Log on to link in the Home page http://jipmer.edu.in/ and navigate to the link "Apply on-line MBBS admission-2018" or
The candidate should acquaint himself/herself with all requirements with regard to filling up the application on-line.
For Online Application User Interface and Process flow diagram:
Application fees for each category as mentioned below to be paid by the candidate using any one of the following mode of payment. No. other mode of payment will be accepted.
a) Net Banking
b) Credit Card
c) Debit Card
- For General (UR) & P-UR: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OBC & P-OBC: Rs.1500/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ST & P-SC: Rs.1200/- plus Transaction Charges as applicable
- For NRI/OCI Rs.3000/- + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For OPH & P-OPH Exempted from Application Fees.
- Entrance Examination will be conducted through a Computer Based Test (CBT) [Online] only.
- The examination shall be held on Sunday, 03rd JUNE, 2018.
- The duration of the examination shall be 21⁄2 hours (Two hours and Thirty minutes).
- The Online (CBT) Entrance Examination will be conducted in single/two shifts*:
Single Shift :-
- Single shift: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Morning Shift / First shift: 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Afternoon Shift / Second shift : 03:00 PM to 05:30 PM
*The exact schedule and number of shifts will be announced later depending
on the number of applicants, logistics & as per the directions of the Hon’ble High Court, Chennai.
- Therefore all candidates will be required to appear at CBT Online Entrance Examination, which will be conducted on Sunday, 03rd JUNE, 2018 in either one of the shifts (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM (OR) 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM) as allotted by the competent authority
- The venue, time and shift of the examination will be communicated to the candidates in the Hall Ticket.
- No candidate will be permitted to appear in the examination unless he/she holds a valid "Hall ticket" issued by the Institute and a proof of their identification.
Method of Entrance Examination
The examination shall be conducted in ENGLISH medium ONLY.
The Entrance Examination is common to all and consists of 200 single best response type MCQs having four alternatives and the questions will be asked from the following subjects, and the distribution of no. of question is as detailed below:-
- Physics - 60
- Chemistry - 60
- Biology - 60
- English Language and Comprehension - 10
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning - 10
- TOTAL 200
The questions for JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination 2018 will be based on the syllabus as prescribed by State Board Hr. Sec. and CBSE for XI & XII Standards.
- Online Application Process: 07th March 2018
- Last Date to Submit Online Registration: 13th April 2018
- JIPMER MBBS Entrance Exam Date: 03rd June 2018 (Sunday)
- Publication of JIMPER MBBS Entrance Exam Merit List: On or before June 20, 2018
- Result Declaration Date: To be announced
- First Counselling Begins: 27th to 29th June 2018
- Second Counselling: 25th July 2018
- Third Counselling: 20th August 2018
- Final counselling: 28th September 2018
- Course Start: 01st July 2018