National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is being conducted by COA since 2006, in terms of the provisions of CoA (Minimum Standards of Architectural Education) Regulations, 1983, published in the Gazette of India. It is implied that a separate aptitude test in .Architecture should be conducted and such test should not be combined with the tests for admissions to Engineering, Pharmacy, Medicine and other disciplines.
The purpose of conducting NATA is to provide a single scheme of examination for holding aptitude test and to facilitate prospective students all over the country to apply for admissions in architecture seats in institutions spread across the country and to avoid appearing in multiple aptitude tests. NATA Exam is compulsory for taking admission to any Architectural College or course in India (Except NITs & IITs)
- NITs base admission into B.Arch on the basis of JEE Main Paper 2
- IITs offer admission into B.Arch on the basis of Architecture Aptitude Test.
- Academic Qualification: 10+2 or equivalent passed/appearing; 10+2 or equivalent examination of Central/State Govts. with 50% aggregate marks and with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- Age limit: Council of Architecture has waived the lower age limit for appearing in NATA 2018. However, the candidates have to fulfil the age restraints that may be specified by the respective counselling or admission authority.
Note: As per the Council of Architecture only students with PCM with 50% aggrigate marks are eligible for pursuing Architecture.
Part A comprises of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) to be answered online and Part B will be answered on A4 size drawing sheets.
Mathematics & General Aptitude Test
- Only one option is correct and correct response will yield 2 (two) marks. There is no negative marking.
- Candidate has to attempt two questions within 90 minutes. The drawing aptitude is judged on the following aspects -
- Ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner;
- Visualising and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings;
- Sense of perspective drawing;
- Combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form;
- Creating interesting two dimensional composition using given shapes and forms;
- Creating visual harmony using colours in given composition;
- Understanding of scale and proportions;
- Drawing from memory through pencil sketch on themes from day to day experiences
The Answer to each question in the 'drawing' paper will be examined by more than one examiner independently and the marks are to be averaged. The primary emphasis in scoring the drawing section is on the candidate's drawing, imagination and observation skills. The candidate's sense of proportion and perspective are also evaluated together with sense for colour and composition.
How to Apply
NATA Application form can be filled through three steps.
- Personal Details
- Uploading Documents
- Fee Payment
Click here for further guidelines on filling the application form
- For each Applicant, an Admit Card will be generated according to the schedule notified indicating the allotted Examination Centre for NATA - 2018 and a downloadable version of the admit card will be published on the respective webpage of the candidate concerned. An Examination Roll Number will also be generated for each candidate.
- Candidate shall download the soft copy of the Admit Card from the website and shall appear in the examination with a printed hard copy at the concerned Examination Centre indicated in the Admit Card along with one photo identity card- Voter ID/ Pan Card/ Aadhar Card/ Driving Licence/ e- Aadhar.
- Candidates must ensure that the photograph and signature printed on the admit card are not mutilated /distorted / soiled even by accident. Candidates with such mutilated / distorted / soiled admit cards will not be allowed to appear in NATA-2018
- A candidate applying for NATA– 2018 has to pay INR 1800/- (Rupees One thousand and eight hundred and only) as application fee, through ONLINE mode. This is inclusive of service fee charged by the bank.
- For SC/ ST candidates the application fee is Rs. 1500/- (One thousand and five hundred only).
- This is inclusive of service fee charged by the bank.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Availability of information in the public domain: 3 January , 2018
- Applications will start from: 18 January, 2018
- Last date to apply: 30 March, 2018
- Admit Card Availability: 2 April, 2018
- Date and Time of Entrance Exam: 29 April, 2018 (Sunday) (10:30 am to 1:30 pm)
- Publication of Result: 1 June 2018