National Institute of Fashion Technology invites application from for NIFT Entrance Exam 2018 for admission to the Bachelor Degree Programme in Design Management and Technology at NIFT Institute for academic session 2018-19.
National Institute of Fashion Technology offers admission in Bachelor of Design, Master of Design, Bachelor of Fashion Technology, Mater of Fashion Management and Master of Fashion Technology.
Candidates can fill their NIFT Application Form from October 20, 2017 to December 29, 2017.
Bachelor of Design - 4 years
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology - 4 years
- Apparel Production
NIFT has 16 campuses in India. They are: Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Jodhpur, Kangra, Kannur, Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, Patna, Raebareli, Shillong and Srinagar.
- Age: Maximum Age is 23 years as on 1st October, 2017. The upper age limit may be relaxed for a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribe/ Differently Abled Person (PHP).
- Qualification: The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
For more information about Eligibility, Click the link given below;
The weightage assigned to each test in the final merit list of the entrance examination will be as under:
Bachelor of Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology
For Bechelor of Design
- Exam Name: GAT
- Test Duration: 120 minutes
Sections No. of Questions
Quantitative Ability 20
Communication Ability 25
English Comprehension 25
Analytical Ability 15
General Knowledge and Current Affairs 15
Creative Ability Test (CAT): This test is administered to judge the intuitive ability, power of
observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
For Bachelor of Technology (B.F.Tech.)
- Exam Name: GAT
- Test duration: 180 minutes
Sections No. of Questions
Quantitative Ability 30
Communication Ability & English Comprehension 45
Analytical & Logical Ability 25
General Knowledge and Current Affairs 25
Case Study 25
For more information, click the link given below;
How to Apply
Candidates can Click here to Apply!
The Prospectus is available at https://applyadmission.net/nift2018/Prospectus2018.pdf free of cost; the Application Fee has to be paid through online payment gateway or through Bank Demand Draft issued in favour of "NIFT HO" payable at New Delhi.
Note: Admit Cards, Results and Counselling Schedule will be available on NIFT’s website only. No separate communication will be sent by post.
- Fee for General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category: Rs.1500/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft;
- Fee for SC/ST/PHP Category: Rs.750/- through payment gateway or Demand Draft
Mode of Payment
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards and Demand Draft (A) Credit Cards /Debit Cards Payments of application fee (Rs.1500/- or Rs.750/-) can be made through credit cards/debit cards as explained above.
- The bank and transaction charges on the application fee will be borne by the applicant; candidates are advised to apply on time.
Candidates applying through Demand Draft are required to send the printout of the Application Form, duly completed in all respect, along with DemandDraft on the following address
Project Manager - CMS,
All India Management Association,
Management House, 14,
Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
NOTE: Incomplete forms or forms received late will not be accepted.
- Online Registration starts from: 20th October, 2017
- Last date for Online Registration: 29th December, 2017
- Last date for online registration with late fee of Rs.5000: 02nd January, 2018
- Window to edit / update the Application Form From: 30th December, 2017 Saturday (12:00 hrs) till 2nd January, 2018 Tuesday (16:00 hrs)
- Admit Card (Online only): 9th January, 2018
- Written Entrance Examination for all UG & PG Programmes: 21st January, 2018
- Result of Written Entrance Examination: February/March, 2018
- Situation Test / Group Discussion / Interview: April – May, 2018
- Declaration of Final Result (Online): End of May / June, 2018
- Counselling dates:End of May /June 2018 Onwards