The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2019 has been set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 107 institutes for the academic year 2019-20. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs). Admission to all the academic programs offered by these Institutes will be made through a single platform.
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur (IIEST)
- Other Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs)
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must have qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2019 and must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates should be at least 65%.
Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) (preparatory courses)
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must have qualified in JEE (Advanced) 2019 for preparatory courses at IITs and must have secured at least 75% aggregate marks in the Class XII (or equivalent) Board examination. The aggregate marks for SC, ST and PwD candidates should be at least 65%.
Note: One year preparatory course for SC/ST/PD candidates is offered to improve their intake in the B.Tech and Dual Degree programme. Generally 30 to 40 candidates from the non-qualified candidates list in the ranking order of JEE are taken. On their successful completion, available discipline/branch in the B.Tech / Dual Degree programme will be allotted from the vacancies of that year's quota for SC/ST/PD candidates.
B.E/ B.Tech programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must have passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination with minimum 75% (for GEN or OBC-NCL) or minimum 65 % (for SC, ST or PwD) of aggregate marks with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical Vocational subject. Further, the candidate should have passed each subject individually as well and Secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper-1
B.Arch/ B.Planning programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
- Academic Qualification (B.Planning): Candidate must have passed Class XII (or equivalent) examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects. Further, the candidate should have passed each subject individually as well and secured a rank in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper-2
- Academic Qualification (B.Arch): Candidate must passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of 10+2 level examination or passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
For more information click the link below
Reservation of Seats
- The total intake (i.e., number of seats) for an academic program is divided into different Program-Sections. These are OPEN, GEN-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, OPEN-PwD, GEN-EWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD, ST-PwD.
- In addition to the division of program seats (based on categories of candidates) as described above, seats for academic programs offered by NITs, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra and Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur are divided into Home State quota and Other States quota. “Other States Quota” includes all the States and Union Territories EXCEPT the Home State [or Home Union Territory].
- Seats for academic programs offered by Assam University, Silchar are divided into Home State quota and All India quota.
- Home State quota is ONLY for candidates whose Home State, as determined by the State Code of Eligibility, is same as the state in which the institute is located.
- In all the Institutes not mentioned above, there is only one seat quota viz., All India quota.
How to Apply
Visit http://josaa.nic.in and register yourself online using the JEE(Main) 2019 or JEE Advance 2019 Application Number and password.
Filling-in of choices
Filling-in of choices on the online portal is free of cost, i.e., candidates are NOT required to pay any fee. Candidates are given a 10-day window to fill-in their choices. Candidates MUST “lock” their choices on/before the last day of choice filling. If candidates do NOT lock their choices, last saved choices will be locked automatically upon reaching the deadline for choice filling.
Provisional seat allocation letter
A candidate who has been allocated a seat is allowed to download the “Provisional Seat Allocation Letter” and an e-challan for remittance of seat acceptance fee.
Candidates should remit seat acceptance fee using the e-challan or using SBI Net Banking or use SBI debit card facility available on the JoSAA portal and report at a Reporting Center for document verification before the last date/time specified. Failure to report in person for seat acceptance will be considered as if the candidate has rejected the offer. Seat acceptance fee is Rs. 15,000 for candidates with the category tag SC, ST, GEN-PwD, GENEWS-PwD, OBC-NCL-PwD, SC-PwD or ST-PwD. For all other candidates Rs. 35,000
- Admission will be done on the basis of rank in JEE (Advanced) 2019 for academic programs at IITs
- Admission will be done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper-1 for B.E./B.Tech programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
- Admission will be done on the basis of rank in JEE (Main) 2019 Paper-2 for B.Arch/ B.Planning programs at NITs, IIEST, IIITs and Other-GFTIs
Reporting centers for document Verification
Candidates should report in person at a Reporting Center for document verification before the date/time specified for document verification and get the seat confirmed. The list of reporting centers is available on the online portal http://josaa.nic.in.
Candidates who are allocated a seat in an NIT, IIEST, IIIT (Triple-I-T) or Other-GFTI have to report only at a reporting center of NIT, IIEST, IIIT (Triple-I-T) and Other-GFTI.
Candidates who are allocated a seat in an IIT have to report only at a reporting center of the IITs.
- Online registration start date: 16th June 2019
- Display of Mock Seat Allocation-1 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on June 21, 2019: 22nd June 2019
- Display of Mock Seat Allocation-2 based on the choices filled-in by candidates as on June 23, 2019: 24th June 2019
- Candidate registration and Choice filling for academic programs under JoSAA ENDS: 25th June 2019
- Reconciliation of data, Seat Allocation, verification and validation: 26th June 2019
- Seat Allocation (Round 1): 27th June 2019
- Document Verification and Acceptance of Seat by reporting at Reporting Centres (Round 1): 28th June- 2nd July 2019