LPU NEST 2018 Notification | LPU Engineering Entrance Exam 2018.
Lovely Professional University (LPU) has published a notification regarding to conduct LPUNEST National Eligibility and Scholarship Test for the year 2018.
Students studying in 12th class can apply for LPUNEST-2018.
LPUNEST was started in 2009 and became one of the largest entrance test in India just in 5 years with approximately 3 lakh students registering for the same in 2014.It is the entrance test by the LPU to get the admission in the university and award scholarship to the top ranked students in LPUNEST 2018.
- Gender: Both
- Region: India
- Class/Age: Pursuing or passed Class 12
- Applicants appearing for LPUNEST-2018 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2018, in Final Exam of 10 + 2 from Central Board of Secondary.
- Education (CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Exam (ICSE, New Delhi) or State Board or any other Council, Institution, College etc. declared recognised by Council of Boards of School Education (CBSE), New Delhi or any other concerned apex body as applicable.
Eligibility Criteria in the Qualifying Exam:
- Integrated B. Tech - M. Tech and Integrated B. Tech - MBA applicant should Pass with 60% aggregate marks in 10+2 or equivalent (with Physics, Mathematics and English) subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2018.
- For B. Tech. Biotechnology (BT), B. Tech. (BT - Food Process Engineering), B. Tech. Biotechnology (Hons.), Integrated B. Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - M. Tech., Integrated B. Tech. Biotechnology (BT) - MBA and Integrated B. Tech (BT - Food Process Engineering) - MBA
Subjects Considered: Physics, Chemistry, English & Maths or Biology or Biotechnology; other things remaining same as above.
For B. Tech Chemical Engineering (CHE), B. Tech. (CHE - Petroleum), Integrated B. Tech Chemical Engineering (CHE) - MBA and Integrated B. Tech (CHE - Petroleum) - MBA
Subjects Considered: Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English; other things remaining same as above.
Exam Pattern for LPUNEST 2018.
- Mode of Exam: Online mode (Computer based test).
- Each MCQ will consist a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labelled A, B, C and D; one of the four responses only is the correct or most appropriate answer.
- Test Duration is of 120 minutes and consists of 90 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) of the objective type.
- Making Scheme: +4 marks for correct answer; 0 (zero) marks for no answer; no negative marking for incorrect answer.
The approximate distribution of questions is as follows:
- Physics - 30 questions
- Chemistry - 30 questions
- Mathematics - 30 questions
- Biology - 30 questions
Applicants can opt for either Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics, Chemistry, Biology. Language of the entrance test shall be English only. Each question carries four marks.
- Lovely Professional University strongly believes in the fact monetary constraints should not be an obstacle for students to have access to quality education.
- Therefore, the University offers India's largest Private Scholarship Scheme (Under this scheme in last five years LPU has awarded scholarships to more than 30,000 students worth 300+crores)
- On the basis of performance in LPUNEST-2018
- Top 35% applicants’ appearing for LPUNEST (subject to qualifying LPUNEST-2018), will be eligible for Scholarship upto 1.5 Lac per annum (i.e upto 7.5 lakh in case of 5 years integrated Programme and 6 Lakh in case of 4 years for B.Tech programmes.
How to Apply:
The candidate must have provide all the relevant details carefully on the link given below:
For any further details regarding course fee, eligibility criteria, E-Hall Ticket, Slot Booking / Download E-Hall Ticket, and Test Cities, candidate are requested to download prospectus from LPU website www.lpu.in
The candidate should have to make payment against the application fee; the payment can be made in the following way:
- Internet Banking Facility
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
For more information:
- Online & offline registration Starts by Ist week of november 2017 ,extended to 25th april 2018.
- Last Date of Receipt of Filled-in-Application Form deadline is extended from 31st march 2018 to 25th April 2018(with late fee of Rs 100).
- Slot Booking for Online Exam: 1st march 2018 onwards.
- Dates of Entrance Exam: 10th to 30th April 2018.