The Government of India has established IISERs at Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram and Tirupati to integrate and promote interdisciplinary science education and research. Over the years IISERs have been successfully attracting talented young minds. An overarching goal of the IISERs is to enable students to shape the nation by inventing and implementing sustainable solutions for societal problems through research in science. This is being achieved by our faculty of international repute together with bright students. In a short span of time IISERs have generated an incredible amount of intellectual property in the form of publications and patents.
About BS and BS-MS Dual Degree Program
(i) Five-year dual degree program for science students
(ii) Classroom learning integrated with research, providing ample scope for interdisciplinary activities
(iii) Curriculum with a focus on both breadth and depth in sciences, engineering sciences and economics
(iv) Opportunity to pursue impactful research
(v) Fully residential campuses with well-equipped hostels
(vi) Access to on-campus medical, sports and other recreational facilities
Programmes offered in:
* Biological Sciences
* Chemical Sciences
* Earth & Climate Sciences/Earth & Environmental Sciences
* Economic Sciences
* Engineering Sciences (Chemical Engineering, Data Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering & Computer Science)
* Geological Sciences
* Integrated & Interdisciplinary Sciences (Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Data Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences)
Candidates who have passed 10+2 or equivalent level exam with science stream in 2020 or 2021 from any board recognized by Council of Boards of School Education in India (COBSE) and have scored within the category-wise cut-off are eligible to apply for admissions to IISER only through the following three channels:
(1) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel
(2) Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-Advanced) of the Indian Institutes of Technology
(3) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB)
These channels will be referred to as KVPY, JEE, and SCB, respectively.
Candidates having a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from 2021-22 academic session are eligible to apply for admissions. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
Candidates securing a rank within 15000 in the Common Rank List (CRL) of JEE Advanced 2021 are eligible to apply. For candidates belonging to the reserved category (OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD, EWS), their rank should be within 15000. Additional cut-off criteria for marks obtained in 10+2 board examination is also applicable.
* Students who have passed 10+2 level with science stream in 2020 or 2021, from any board recognized by COBSE, are eligible to apply for admissions and appear for IAT 2021.
* However, they will be considered for admissions to the degree programmes only if they obtain the cut-off marks specified.
* Students applying through SCB channel will have to appear in the IISER Aptitude Test (IAT) which will be conducted at various centres across the country.
For All Details---http://www.iiseradmission.in/faq.html
1. Date of the IISER Aptitude test : 17 September, 2021
2. Date of opening of the application portal for the KVPY stream : 1 July, 2021
3. Date of closing of the application portal for the KVPY stream : 31 August, 2021
4. Date of opening of the application portal for the SCB stream : 1 July, 2021
5. Date of closing of the application portal for the SCB stream : 31 August, 2021
6. Date of opening of the application portal for the JEE stream : TBA
7. Date of closing of the application portal for the JEE stream : TBA