The Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is an autonomous body responsible for co-ordinating agricultural education and research in India. It reports to the Department of Agricultural Research and Education, Ministry of Agriculture. The Union Minister of Agriculture serves as its president. It is the largest network of agricultural research and education institutes in the world.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Agriculture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Forestry
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Community Science
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Sericulture
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science
- B. Tech. Agricultural Engineering
- B. Tech. Dairy Technology
- B. Tech. Food Technology
- B. Tech. Bio- Technology
- Academic Qualification: Candidates must have passed 10+2 Senior Secondary Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education or any other equvilant examination with Physics, Chemistry, Maths/Biology or Agriculture securing not less than 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC (NCL), UPS, EWS categories and 40% marks in aggregate for SC, ST, Transgender, PwD categories.
- Age Limit: Indian Nationals of at least 16 years of age as on 31.08.2019 are eligible to apply for the examination. No relaxation is admissible regarding the minimum age limit.
For more information click the link below
How to Apply
Step 1: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated Application No. for future reference
Step 2: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (between 10 kb - 200 kb) and Candidate’s Signature (between 4 kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 3: Make payment of fee through Online Mode i.e. Debit/ Credit card, Net Banking and Unified Payment Interface (UPI) in SBI Bank or ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank or Syndicate Bank or Cash Deposit through e-challan at SBI/Syndicate Bank Branches only.
Step 4: Print at least three copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee
Selection done on the basis of entrance exam
Exam Pattern for B.Tech Agricultural Engineering/Dairy Technology/Food Technology
Exam Pattern for all other courses
- Computer based test
- Objective type Questions
- 4 marks for each correct response
- Negative marking for incorrect answer
The candidate has to download the e-Admit Card from the NTA website w.e.f. 05 June, 2019 onwards and appear for the Examination at the given Centre on Date and Shift (Timing) as indicated in their e-Admit Card.
- Online Application start date: 1 April 2019
- Online Application Last date: 30 April 2019
- Online Correction in particulars of Application Form (on website only): 07-14 May, 2019
- Downloading of e-Admit Cards from NTA website: 05 June, 2019
- Date of Examination: 01 July, 2019