Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD), New Delhi invites applications for admission to Bachelor of Arts (B.A Honours) offered in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design and Communication Design Programmes for the academic session 2018.
The Indian Institute of Art and Design (IIAD) in collaboration with Kingston University, London, offers a creative, studio based education through its three rigorous Bachelor degree Programmes in Fashion Design, Interior Architecture & Design, and Communication Design.
- B.A. (Hons) Fashion Design: IIAD's Fashion Design programme focuses equally on creative innovation, technical skills and commercial opportunities. Students are groomed to design for an international audience and establish a cross-cultural reach while ensuring that they also have a thorough grounding in local and indigenous crafts, materials and designs.
- B.A. (Hons) Communication Design: At IIAD, the course emphasis is on training in visual design, digital and technical literacy in graphics, animation, film, video, photography and multimedia applications. Students are taught about illustration, typography, visual communication, digital media, print and publication design, exhibition design, user interface and user experience design. They also learn about storytelling and audio-visual media.
- B.A. (Hons) Interior Architecture and Design: This programme stems from and responds to three different yet interrelated contexts. They are - the context of the Market for Interior Architecture and Design services, the current state of the practice of Interior Architecture and Design within India, and the existing design education curricula within the nation.
- Candidates must have passed the CBSE/ISC/IB (or any other equivalent board) 10+2 examination in any discipline.
- Candidates who have recently appeared for the examination and are awaiting their results may also apply.
How to Apply
Online applicants are required to submit their applications through the IIAD admissions portal.
For detailed information on the fee structure, click the link given below;
The online application fee payment of Rs.2,000/- must be made through credit/debit/netbanking facilities of all major banks.
IIAD offers Financial Aid in the form of Scholarships to meritorious students. Only those aspirants who have secured a minimum of 70% aggregate in their Class XII Examination are eligible to apply for the Scholarship at the time of submitting their completed Application Form to IIAD. Scholarships are awarded to candidates based on their performance in the IIAD Entrance Examination comprising iDAT (Written Test) and Studio Simulation.
Please note that the Scholarship Form can be downloaded from IIAD's website and must be submitted along with the completed Application Form to be considered by the IIAD Admissions Team for review. Students awaiting their Class XII results can also submit the Scholarship Form along with the Application Form.
For more information on scholarships, click the link given below;
The IIAD Entrance Examination is conducted at various Test Centres, and comprises the following rounds.
IIAD Part A- Design Aptitude Test (iDAT)
- A mandatory written test of 2.5 hrs duration, that tests the candidate’s Logical Reasoning, Creative Thinking and Visual Aptitude.
Part B- iDAT Studio Simulation
- A personal interaction session conducted in small groups, simulating a design studio experience. Candidates are expected to exhibit their creative thinking, teamwork, articulation and problem-solving abilities. The session is conducted in a studio environment of approximately 2 hours duration.
For more infromation, click the link given below;
ROUND 1 Admission Cycle: (December 2018)
- Application Forms (Online and Offline) Available from: 17 September 2018
- Application Deadline: 15 December 2018
- Part A- iDAT (Written Entrance Test) (New Delhi): 22 December 2018
- Part B- iDAT (Studio Simulation): 22 and 23 December 2018 IIAD Campus, New Delhi
ROUND 2 Admission Cycle: (April/May 2019)
- Applications forms available: 17 September 2018
- Last date to apply: 17 April 2019
- Part A-iDAT (Written Entrance Test): The date varies for different cities. The dates are between 27 April and 28 April 2019.
- Part B -iDAT (Studio Simulation): 10, 11, & 12 May 2019 IIAD Campus, New Delhi