Online applications are invited for admission to Under-Graduate Programmes for the academic session 2018-19 in Nineteen (19) National Law Universities of India.
Notices and Information Regarding Admission in 18 National University of Law of India in Under Graduate and Post Graduate Courses for academic session 2018-19 through Clat-2018.
It is notified for general information that CLAT-2018 will be conducted by the Eleventh Common Law Admission Test (CLAT - 2018) is being organised by NUALS, Kochi.
About CLAT 2018
The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is an all India entrance examination conducted annually for admission to nineteen (19) National Law Universities for their under-graduate and post-graduate degree programmes.
The 19 participating NLU’s in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bengaluru
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research (NALSAR), University of Law, Hyderabad
- National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS), Kolkata
- National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
- Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
- Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS), Kochi
- National Law University Odisha (NLUO), Cuttack
- National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi
- National Law University and Judicial Academy (NLUJA), Assam
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), Visakhapatnam
- Tamil Nadu National Law School (TNNLS), Tiruchirappalli
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU), Aurangabad
The Common Law Admission Test-2018 (CLAT) will be conducted by the NUALS, Kochi on 13th May 2018 3:00- 5:00 PM at the test Centers set up in different cities at the national level.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons),
- B.Sc LL.B (Hons),
- BBA LLB (Hons),
- BSW LLB (Hons),
- B.Com LLB (Hons) degrees.
- While BA LL.B (Hons) is offered by most of the universities,
- B.Sc LLB (Hons) Course is offered by WBNUJS (Kolkata), NLU (Jodhpur) and GNLU (Gandhinagar);
- BBA LLB (Hons) is offered by NLU (Jodhpur), GNLU (Gandhinagar), CNLU (Patna) and NLUO (Cuttack); whereas BSW LLB (Hons) and B.Com LLB (Hons) degree courses are offered by GNLU (Gandhinagar) alone
- Age: There will be no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT 2018.
- Academic Qualification: As regards minimum percentage of marks in the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2), the candidates must have secured Forty five percent (45%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Unreserved/OBC/Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories, and Forty Percent (40%) marks in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) categories.
- Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying examination in March/April, 2018 are also eligible to appear in CLAT-2018 online examination.
- However, they shall be required to produce an evidence of their passing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they shall lose their right to be considered for admission.
Exam Pattern CLAT 2018
- English including Comprehension: 40 Marks
- General Knowledge and Current Affairs: 50 Marks
- Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability): 20 Marks
- Legal Aptitude: 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning: 40 Marks
- Maximum Marks: 200
- Duration of CLAT-2018: 02:00 Hours
- Total Number of Questions: 200
- Negative Marking: 0.25 Mark/wrong answer
How to Apply
- REGISTER ONLINE TO APPLY
- SCAN AND UPLOAD - PHOTOGRAPH AND SIGNATURE
- FILL THE ONLINE APPLICATION
- UPLOAD OF CERTIFICATE OF PwD/SAP, WHERE RELEVANT
- PAY FEES ONLINE / OFFLINE
- APPLICANTS CAN APPLY ONLY ONLINE AND NO OTHER MODE OF APPLICATION WILL BE ACCEPTED
- Application fee for General/OBC/SAP and other category candidates: Rs.4,000/-
- Application fee for SC/ST category candidates: Rs.3,500/-
- The cost of previous years' question papers is Rs.500/- (not included in the CLAT-2018 application fee of Rs.4,000/- or Rs.3,500/- as the case may be.)
- The candidates themselves will have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the fee online.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Commencement of on-line registration of application: 1 January 2018
- Last date for registration/final submission of application: 31 March 2018
- Last date for printing/downloading application: 12 May 2018
- Online Fee Payment: 1 January to 31 March 2018
- Offline Challan Payment: 1 January to 21 March 2018
- Date from which Admit Cards can be downloaded: From 20 April 2018
- Last date for downloading Admit Card: 12 May 2018
- Date of CLAT 2018 Exam: 13 May 2018