St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai an Autonomous College under the University of Mumbai, invites applications for entrance exams and admission to the 3 Year Degree Courses-
Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication & Journalism) /B.M.M. 2020
Bachelor of Management (B.M.S.) 2020
St. Xavier’s College is one of the top education institute in Mumbai, India. It was awarded the highest rating, A+, in the re-accreditation by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council in 2006.
The institute offers Bachelors, Masters and Diploma courses in Arts, Commerce, Science, Management, Mass Media and Information Technology. It has been ranked among the top institutes for quality education by India today.
- Academic Qualification: The final Examination of the 10 + 2 system conducted by any recognised Central / State Board, Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Mumbai, Pune, or any other State Boards, Central Board of Secondary Education, (C.B.S.E.) New Delhi, Council for the Indian School Certification Examination and (I.S.C.) New Delhi.
- Age Limit: Candidate’s date of birth must fall on or after 1st June 1997.
For more information click the link below
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIDEO PROCTORED ENTRANCE TEST For the Academic year 2020-21
Given the COVID pandemic situation, this year’s entrance test will be conducted as an Online video proctored test. Keeping in mind the safety of the candidates, this mode of testing will enable the candidates to take the exam from the safe environment of their homes.
Hence it is mandatory for candidates who want to take this entrance test to have access to the following:
1.A windows operating system enabled, desktop/laptop with
2. A functional web camera and microphone and
3. Internet connectivity with a speed of 1.5 – 2.0 Mbps.
SCHEDULE OF 2020 ENTRANCE TEST: (ONLINE VIDEO PROCTORED TEST ONLY)
- Start Date of Application: 17th June 2020
- Last Date of Application: 18th July 2020 6.00pm
- BA (MCJ)*/ (B.M.M). : Tuesday 28th July 2020 & Wednesday 29th July in 4 slots. Slots will be automatically allotted and is non-negotiable. You will be communicated your exam slot via an e-mail separately.
- B.M.S.: Thursday 30th July 2020 & Friday 31st July in 4 slots.
|BA MCJ (earlier BMM) – Slot 1||Tuesday||28th July 2020||10 a.m. – 12 noon|
|BA MCJ (earlier BMM) – Slot 2||Tuesday||28th July 2020||1 p.m. – 3 p.m.|
|BA MCJ (earlier BMM) – Slot 3||Wednesday||29th July 2020||10 a.m. – 12 noon|
|BA MCJ (earlier BMM) – Slot 4 (SWD slot)||Wednesday||29th July 2020||1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|BMS – Slot 1||Thursday||30th July 2020||10 a.m. – 12 noon|
|BMS – Slot 2||Thursday||30th July 2020||1 p.m. – 3 p.m.|
|BMS – Slot 3||Friday||31st July 2020||10 a.m. – 12 noon|
|BMS – Slot 4 (SWD slot)||Friday||31st July 2020||1 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
How to Apply
Step 1: Register Online
Step 2: Fill the Application form
Step 3: Upload the scanned photograph & Signature
Step 4: Make payment online through debit/credit card or net banking
You can apply for one course with a registered email id. If you wish to register for a second course entrance test you can do so with a second email id
Online Application Form and BA(MCJ)*/(BMM) / BMS 2020 Online video proctored Entrance Test Fee: Rs. 2500/-
Admission will be done by
- 60% weightage to the score obtained in the Entrance test
- 40% weightage to the score obtained in the qualifying Class XII Examinations
BA MCJ (Bachelor of Arts (Mass Communication & Journalism)
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||20%|
|*Economics & Data Interpretation||20%|
|Creative Thinking & Visual Reasoning||20%|
|Logical Reasoning & Critical Analysis||20%|
|English Language & Comprehension Skills||20%|
*The questions for this section will be based on the syllabus of Std X of the Maharashtra State Board.
BMS (Bachelor of Management Studies)
|English Language & Comprehension||20%|
|Logical Reasoning & Visual Reasoning||20%|
|General Knowledge & General Awareness||20%|
Mathematics and Data Interpretation will be based on the Syllabus of Std. X across all Boards
Calculators are allowed for the BMS Entrance Test (Programmable calculator is not permitted)
- The Question Paper for both the tests will be in English only
- There is NO NEGATIVE marking.
- The Online video proctored test will be of 120 marks for a duration of 2 hours.
- Students with disability will get 30 mins extra.
The University of Mumbai has made it mandatory for all candidates seeking admission to the First Year courses in the Degree Colleges to fill in the ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration Form’ on the following link http://mum.digitaluniversity.ac
Dates for online registration will be announced by the University, you will need to click on: Pre-Admission Online Registration). Kindly keep checking the website of the university to check when the link goes live and fill the form accordingly.
Therefore, all candidates (including in-house students passing HSC for the academic year (2019- 2020) applying for admission to St. Xavier’s College (Autonomous), Mumbai, for the First Year Courses i.e. B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Sc. (IT), BA(MCJ)*/(B.M.M.) and B.M.S. are required to fill in the ‘Pre-Admission Online Registration Form’ and submit a hard copy of the same to the College Office at the time of admission (dates for submission will be announced later on the College Website).