PANJAB UNIVERSITY, PU-CET (U.G) | 2018
Established in 1882 as University of Punjab at Lahore (now in Pakistan).Panjab University has been accredited with a CGPA of 3.35 on a four point scale at Grade valid for a period of 5 years from 25/06/2015.
1st among Universities of India and 38th in Asia, Times Higher Education Asian University rankings 2015.
Ranked number one University in India and in the bracket 276-300 internationally in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, 2014-2015 powered by Thomson Reuters.
Ranked 39th by the Times Higher Education among BRICS & Emerging Economies.
The following eligibility criteria must be noted by the applicants before applying for PUCET 2018:
- Applicants must have passed or appeared in the 10+2 Examination of the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi or any equivalent exam conducted by a recognized board or university with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
- Applicants have to be a citizen of India. Foreign citizens will have the option to apply via NRI quota.
- Applicants must be 17 years of age as on 31st December 2017 to be eligible to apply for PUCET 2018.
- Reservation of seats for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Persons with Disability (PwD) etc applicants will be according to the Chandigarh Administration or Panjab University, Chandigarh guidelines.
For Physically Handicapped Applicants, the following eligibility criteria will be applicable:
- 1st preference – Applicants suffering from Locomotor disabilities of Lower Limbs between 50% – 70%.
- 2nd preference – Applicants suffering from Locomotor Disabilities of Lower Limbs between 40% – 50%
- Applicants with blindness (including colour blindness) and those who are deaf and dumb will not be eligible to sit for PUCET 2018.
Please Note: Applicants who have passed or appeared in 10+2 Examinations of Mahila Gram Vidyapeeth, Allahabad are not in the eligibility criteria to appear in PUCET (BHMS) Entrance Test, as this institution has been derecognized by Panjab University, Chandigarh. Applicants can get a full list of recognized universities from the official website of PUCET UG.
PUCET 2018 Seat Reservation:
There is reservation of seats for PUCET 2018. The following list gives a detailed idea about the reservation of seats for PUCET 2018:
- Student of foreign origin nominated by Government of India – 1 Seat.
- The student from the States and Union Territories lacking facilities in this field and repatriates from Myanmar (Burma), Sri Lanka etc. – 1 Seat.
- Students from rural area category – 2 Seats.
- The student from Border Area – 1 Seat.
- Single girl child with no male siblings – 2 Seats.
- The student suffering from diseases like Cancer/ AIDS/ Thalassemia – 1 Seat.
- Additional seats will be created as required for children of officers who have served during Kargil War.
STEPS TO FOLLOW :
- Note down your Login Id and Password (login details will be sent to your registered Email Id also).
- Take print out of fee challan (fee challan can also be downloaded from account using login id and password).
- Deposit fee using website generated fee challan at any branch of SBI , minimum one day after printing of fee challan. [last date for submission of fee: April 09, 2018 (Monday)].
- Login again after 24 Hrs. of depositing fee and upload scanned passport size photograph, signature, fill other important information and Save and Confirm. (Once you confirm the form, you will not be allowed to change information in the form). [last date for completion of form: April 12, 2018 (Thursday)]
- Download your Admit Card after April 24, 2018 (Tuesday). (Bring one photo identity proof like Driving License, Voter Card, Aadhaar Card, Passport etc. at the Examination centre failing which the candidate will not be allowed to enter in the Examination Hall.)
Entrance Test Fee [Non-Refundable/ Non-Transferable] :
- General Category [PCB or PCM or M] Rs. 2100/-
- SC/ST/PwD Category [PCB or PCM or M] Rs. 1050/-
- Additional Paper [Biology or Mathematics] Rs. 300/-
- Fee of Entrance Test is non-refundable.
- If more than 24 Hrs. have passed after printing the fee challan and your details are not found in bank for depositing fee, write to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning your problem along with application no., name and date of birth.
- Candidates who will avail the concession in fee under the category SC/ST/PwD OR P.U. Class B/C Regular Employee must send the copy of printout of their filled form along with the self attested copy of Category Certificate/ Proforma for claiming 50% concession to P.U. Regular Employees ("B" and "C" Class) duly signed by Head/Chairperson, to Assistant Registrar, CET Cell, Aruna Ranjit Chandra Hall, Panjab University, Chandigarh-160014 by registered post/speed post or by hand on or before April 20, 2018 upto 4:00 p.m..
- login id creation OR deposit of fee does not mean that candidate has completed his/her online form. Incomplete form leads to cancellation of candidature. Any request for completion of form after due date will not be entertained at all.
- After declaration of result of Entrance Test, the qualified candidates have to fill the form for admission by login to their accounts.
PUCET 2018 EXAM PATTERN:
For PUCET UG, the paper will be divided into the following six sections:
- Computer Science
Each section will be of 70 minutes and carry 60 questions of 2 marks each. Negative marking of 0.25 will be applicable for each incorrect answer.
|Paper(in order)||Total number of Questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Computer Science||60||120||70 minutes|
The medium of the paper will strictly be in English. Applicants can follow the table for PUCET 2018 Exam Pattern Highlights:
|Number of Sections||6|
|Time for each section||70 minutes|
|Number of questions in each section||60|
|Marks for each question||2|
|Total marks for each section||120|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (OMR)|
Register Online. [last date for registration: April 06, 2018 (Friday)].
Applicants must note that PUCET UG 2018 conducted only on the Panjab University campus in Chandigarh.
1. Date of Availability of Prospectus and online Entrance Test Form March 12, 2018 (Monday)
2. Last date for submission of information on the website to generate the Fee Challan April 06, 2018 (Friday)
3. Last date for deposit of fee in any branch of State bank of India using website generated challan April 09, 2018 (Monday) upto 3:59 p.m.
4. Last date for uploading of photograph, signature with rest of the information on the website April 12, 2018 (Thursday)
5. Date of Entrance Test April 29, 2018 (Sunday)
6. Date of declaration of result May 14, 2018
7. Date of availability of online Admission Form May 16, 2018