Mount Carmel College Bengaluru Admission | 2018
- Mount Carmel College, Autonomous is owned and managed by the congregation of the Carmelite Sisters of St. Teresa (CSST). The institution since 1948 has been working towards the cause of “Empowering through Education”. Over the years the college has grown in strength in terms of variety of programs offered and student strength.
- Today, the college offers 34 undergraduate programs, 2 B.Voc programs, 18 post graduate programs and doctoral programs. Affiliated to Bangalore University, MCC was granted autonomous status in 2005. The college has successfully completed three rounds of accreditation by NAAC and was awarded “A” grade .
Faculty of Humanities :
- BA- History, Economics, Political Science (HEP)
- BA - History, Economics, Sociology (HES)
- BA - History, Journalism, Travel & Tourism (HJTT)
- BA - Political Science, Economics, Sociology (PES)
- BA - Political Science, Economics, Journalism (PEJ)
- BA - Psychology, Economics, Sociology (PyES)
- BA - Psychology, Economics, English (PyEE)
- BA - Psychology, English, Journalism (PYEJ)
- BA - Psychology, English, Communication Studies (PYEC)
- BA - Psychology, Physical Education, Travel & Tourism (PyPT)
Faculty of Commerce & Management :
- B.Com - General
- B.Com – Industry Integrated
- B.Com - Professional
- B.Com -Tourism and Travel Management
- B.Com – Business Process Services (BPS)
- B.Com – International Accounting and Finance
- BBA- Bachelor of Business Administration
Faculty of Sciences
- B.Sc- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (PCM)
- B.Sc- Physics, Mathematics, Electronics (PME)
- B.Sc- Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science (PMC)
- B.Sc- Computer Sc., Mathematics, Electronics (CME)
- B.Sc- Computer Sc., Mathematics, Statistics (CMS)
- B.Sc- Economics, Mathematics, Statistics (EMS)
- B.Sc- Chemistry, Botany, Microbiology (CBM)
- B.Sc- Chemistry, Botany, Zoology (CBZ)
- B.Sc- Chemistry, Zoology, Microbiology (CZM)
- B.Sc- Chemistry, Zoology, Environmental science (CZE)
- B.Sc- Chemistry, Botany, Environmental Sc. (CBE)
- B.Sc- Biotechnology, Chemistry, Zoology (BtCZ)
- B.Sc - Biotechnology, Chemistry, Botany (BtCB)
- B.Sc- Composite Home Science (HSc)
- B.Sc- Interior Design & Management (IDM)
- B.Sc- Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry, Zoology (NDCZ)
- B.Sc- Nutrition and Dietetics, Chemistry, Home Science (NDCH)
- B.Sc- Fashion & Apparel Design (FAD)
- BCA- Bachelor of Computer Application
Undergraduate Programs Eligibility :
1. For all the UG programs in Humanities, B.Voc and BCA, pass in two year Pre University Examinations conducted by the Karnataka Pre-University Education Board or any other examination considered as equivalent there to shall be eligible for admission.
2. For all the UG programs in Science, A candidate who has passed the two year Pre-University Examinations conducted by the Karnataka Pre-University Education Board or any other examination considered as equivalent thereto shall be eligible for admission .
Generally a candidate to opt for a subject should have studied that subject at the qualifying examination. Nutrition and Dietetics, Home Science, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Electronics, Environmental Science, Computer Science, and Statistics may be exceptions to this requirement.
3. For UG program B.Com , Pass in the two year Pre-University Examinations conducted by the Karnataka Pre University Education Board or any other examination considered as equivalent there to shall be eligible for admission. The candidate should have studied both Business Studies and Accountancy in the qualifying examination.
4. For BBA, Pass in two-year Pre University Course in Commerce/ Arts/ Science/ of Karnataka Board or equivalent are eligible condition for admission.
Admissions Procedure :
Application forms for admission for the academic year 2018-2019 are available ONLINE :
- Only online submission of applications will be accepted
- Fees for application to be paid through the Payment Gateway (Online Payment)
- Application fee for UG Programmes: Rs. 350/ .
- Fees should be paid on the day of the interview. Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstance.
- Students have to study the language (Second language) studied at the last qualifying examination.
- A soft copy of the applicant’s recent passport size photo is mandatory to be uploaded on the application.
How to Apply :
For more Information :
Criteria for Admission :
B.Com courses admission is based on merit.
- BCA Admissions - walk-in interview after the announcement of Results (Maths background Compulsory at the PUC / +2 /equivalent course)
- B.A & B.Sc walk-in interview after the announcement of Results .
Important dates :
Forms are open !!!