Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) Course commencing in 2019 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing based on the merit cum choice, subject to medical fitness and the vacancy in each College. The Selected candidates shall execute an Agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service.
On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted Permanent/Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the Terms and Conditions laid down for grant of such Commission. They shall have to refund the Bond money as per the Bond executed in the event of withdrawal from the Course, Termination of training or refusal to accept Commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B Sc (Nursing) Course, the candidates will be offered Commission in the Military Nursing Service
subject to medical fitness. The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of Commission for the candidates. The date of Commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the Course in the same year.
- Gender: Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated/ widow without encumbrances
- Nationality: Citizen of India
- Age limit: Between 01 Oct 1994 to 30 Sep 2002 (both days inclusive)
- Education Qualification: Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory /Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for Final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the Course.
- Physical Standards: Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for Commission in the Armed Forces as amended from time to time. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of candidates belonging to Western Himalayan region, Eastern Himalayan region and Scheduled Tribes). Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army websites www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
- Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Written Test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Jan 2019, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence.
- On the basis of merit of written Test, candidates will be called for interview during Apr 2019.
- Final selection will be based on Combined merit of Written Test & Interview, subject to medical fitness and vacancy in each College.
Interview and Medical Examination
Merit listed candidates of Written Test will appear for Interview & medical examination at selected centers. Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT in medical examination will be informed about their medical status by the President of the Selection Medical Board (SMB), including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD.
Agra, Ambala, Bangalore, Barrackpore, Bhopal, Chandimandir, Coimbatore, Chennai, Danapur, Dehradun, Delhi, Guwahati, Jalandhar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jhansi, Kochi, Kirkee, Kolkata, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut, Mumbai, Namkum, Secunderabad, Thiruvananthapuram, Ezhimala (Cannanore) , Pune & Vishakhapattnam.
- Receipt of DU Number is not the criteria for successful payment.
- For successful payment please check the bank account from which the transaction is done for deduction of the amount of the application fee.
- Always take the printout of the Payment receipt and read it carefully before completing the submission of online application form.
- For receiving the Admit Card, it is mandatory to have successful payment and to enter the Correct DU number.
- It is candidate’s responsibility to ensure successful payment of the application processing fee.
- Applications sent by post will not be accepted.
- The selection of the candidate for B Sc. (Nursing) will however be subject to producingof the original Mark sheet/Certificate of the qualifying examination i.e. 10+2 or equivalent before final selection and meeting all other eligibility criteria. The selected candidates, if found not in possession of documents /mark sheets as per eligibility criteria, at the institution to which they report, the admission is liable to be cancelled. In such cases no TA will be applicable.
For more infromation, click the link given below;
How to Apply
Candidates may apply online and pay the application fee online only the candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select her own password. It is mandatory for the candidate to give one live contact mobile number for correspondence.
- Entrance Exam will be held: January 2019
- Call for Interview: April 2019
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Online Application Starts: 12 November 2018
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Online Application Ends: 30 November 2018
- Indian Army BSc Nursing Admit Card Availability: 3rd week of December 2018
- Display of results: First week of March 2019