NDA Exam 2021 is an examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission twice a year for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA and Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC).
National Defence Academy at khadakwasla is a Defence Training Institute which imparts basic training for all three Services of Indian Armed Forces – Army, Air Force and Navy. India Males (NDA is not for females) who intend to join armed Forces can join NDA after 12th. To get into NDA, A three stage selection Procedure is followed, i.e. Written Exam, Service Selection Board Interview and Finally Medical examination. The selected candidates go through rigorous training for 3 years culminating in graduation with BA/BSc or BCs (Computer Science) degree of JNU Delhi (Apart from this the candidates are also trained in outdoor skills, like PT, Drills And games. The emphasis in NDA is on character building, mental and physical robustness, leadership and a sense of keen observation for leading the troops in the Battle field.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
(a) Nationality : A candidate must be unmarried female and must be :
(i) a citizen of India,
or (ii) a subject of Nepal,
or (iii) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii), above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
Only unmarried Female candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2003 and not later than 1st January, 2006 are eligible.
" If a candidate, of any gender other than female, applies then the candidate will be liable to penal action in terms of Rule 7 of the Rules for this Examination including debarment for 10 years from appearing at all future Examinations/Recruitments of the UPSC ".
(c) Educational Qualifications:
(i) For Army Wing of National Defence Academy :—12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent 6 examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy :—12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University
(d) Physical Standards & Vaccancies
Physical standards and number of vacancies for women candidates would be notified after receipt from Govt. of India (Ministry of Defence) in due course of time
- Two-stage selection procedure based on Psychological Aptitude Test and Intelligence Test has been introduced at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. All the candidates will be put to stage-one test on first day of reporting at Selection Centres/Air Force Selection Boards/Naval Selection Boards. Only those candidates who qualify at stage one will be admitted to the second stage/remaining tests. Those candidates who qualify stage II will be required to submit the Original Certificates along with one photocopy each of (i) Original Matriculation pass certificate or equivalent in support of date of birth, (ii) Original 10+2 pass certificate or equivalent in support of educational qualification.
- Candidates who appear before the Services Selection Board and undergo the test there, will do so at their own risk and will not be entitled to claim any compensation or other relief from Government in respect of any injury which they may sustain in the course of or as a result of any of the tests given to them at the Services Selection Board whether due to the negligence of any person or otherwise. Parents or guardians of the candidates will be required to sign a certificate to this effect.
- To be acceptable, candidates for the Army/Navy/Naval Academy and Air Force should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in (i) Written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion and (ii) Officer Potentiality Test as fixed by the Services Selection Board at their discretion.
- Over and above candidates for the Air Force, and all the SSB qualified candidates as per their willingness, eligibility and preference for Air Force, should separately qualify the CPSS.
- Question Type: MCQ
- Language: Hindi and English
- The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination.
- Negative Marking for the wrong answers
Intelligence and Personality Test
- The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process - stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception * Description Test (PP&DT). The candidates will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in OIR Test and PP&DT.
- Stage II Comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days. The details of these tests are given on the website joinindianarmy.nic.in.
The Union Public Service Commission shall prepare a list of candidates who obtain the minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as fixed by the Commission at their discretion. Such candidates shall appear before a Services Selection Board for Intelligence and Personality Test where candidates for the Army/Navy wings of the NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme of Indian Naval Academy will be assessed on Officers Potentiality and those for the Air Force in addition to the above will have to qualify Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS). Candidates with Air Force as one of the choice would also undergo CPSS if they qualify SSB and are willing.
FOR ALL DETAILS- Click Here
|Date of Notification||24/09/2021|
|Date of Commencement of Examination||24/09/2021|
|Duration of Examination||One Day|
|Last Date for Receipt of Applications||08/10/2021 - 6:00pm|