Institute of Chartered Accountants of India Common Proficiency Test | ICAI CPT 2018
ICAI CA CPT 2018 (June) Notification- The Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has announced the dates of Common Proficiency Test (CPT) June 2018.
The test will be held in the month of June for which the details are given below on this page. Candidates aspiring to appear in ICAI CPT June 2018 can check all the details of the test on this page below.
CA (Exam)/CPT June 2018
- In pursuance of Regulation 22 of the Chartered Accountants Regulations, 1988, the Council of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India is pleased to announce that the Common Proficiency Test will be held on 17th June 2018 in two sessions as below, at the following centres provided that sufficient number of candidates offer themselves to appear from each centre.
- A candidate shall be eligible to appear in Common Proficiency Test scheduled to be held in June 2018, if he/she has:
- Either passed or appeared in the Senior Secondary Exam(10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an exam recognized by the Central Govt. as equivalent thereto and has complied with such requirements as may be specified by the Council from time to time
- List of examinations recognized as equivalent to Senior Secondary Examination); and
- Registered for/switched over to Common Proficiency Course with Board of Studies of ICAI on or before 30th June 2017 and
- Revalidated his/her registration to Common Proficiency Course (as applicable)
- As decided by the Council, the registration to the Common Proficiency Course is valid for a period of 3 years and the student is required to revalidate the same from the concerned Regional Office on expiry of the said period
Exemption from Appearing in CPT:
- Candidates who are graduate or post graduate in Commerce having secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of total marks or its equivalent grade in the exam conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) with certain subjects or;
- Graduates or Postgraduates other than those falling under Commerce stream mentioned above having secured in aggregate a minimum of 60% of the total marks or its equivalent grade in the exam conducted by any recognized University (including Open University) are exempted from passing CPT
- The Common Proficiency Test (CPT) in Paper-Pencil Mode (PP Mode) will be held on 17th June 2018 in accordance with the existing scheme of education, training and exam of the Chartered Accountancy Course
- It is a 4 hours duration test comprising two sessions of 2 hours each with a break between two sessions.Test will comprise objective type questions with negative marking for choosing wrong answers.
- In order to pass the CPT (Examination), a candidate is required to secure, at one sitting, a minimum of 30 percent marks in each Section and a minimum of 50 percent marks in the aggregate of all Sections, subject to the principle of negative marking, being 1/4 Mark (one fourth) for each wrong answer, as per Regulation 36A of CA Regulations, 1988
- Common Proficiency Test will be of one paper of 200 marks and will consist of the following four sections:
- First Session (Morning Session): Section-A Fundamentals of Accounting Section-B Mercantile Laws [10.30 AM to 12.30 PM) (IST)]
- Second Session (Afternoon Session): Section-C General Economics Section-D Quantitative Aptitude[02.00 PM to 04.00 PM) (IST)]
- Section A - Fundamentals of Accounting - 60 Marks
- Section B - Mercantile Laws- 40 Marks
- Section C - General Economics - 50 Marks
- Section D - Quantitative Aptitude- 50 Marks
Places of Exam Centres Overseas:
- The list of Cities where CPT will be held on 17th June 2018. Each candidate is expected to choose only one centre as his choice of exam centre. Candidates may note that the choice of centre once exercised is final and no request for change of examcentre will thereafter be entertained under any circumstances.
- The Chartered Accountants Exams in June - 2018 will be held in the following cities: Agra, Ahmedabad, Ahmednagar, Ajmer, Akola, Alappuzha, Aligarh, Allahabad, Alwar, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Anand, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad, Badlapur, Banswara, Bareilly, Bathinda, Beawar, Belgaum, Bellary, Bengaluru, Berhampore, Bhagalpur, Bharatpur, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhilwara, Bhiwani, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bundi, Chandigarh, Chandrapur, Chennai, Chittorgarh, Churu, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi / New Delhi, Dhanbad, Dhule, Dundlod, Durg, Durgapur, Eluru, Ernakulam, Erode, Faridabad, Fatehabad, Firozabad, Gandhidham, Gandhinagar, Ghaziabad, Gondia, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Haridwar, Hisar, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalgaon, Jalna, Jammu, Jamnagar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Junagadh, Kaithal, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Karimnagar, Karnal, Kishangarh, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kollam, Kota, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Kumbakonam, Kurnool, Latur, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Malappuram, Mandsaur, Mangalore, Mapusa (goa), Margao (Goa), Mathura, Meerut, Moradabad, Mumbai, Muzaffarnagar, Muzaffarpur, Mysore, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Navi mumbai, Navsari, Neemuch, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Ongole, Palakkad, Palghar, Palimarwar, Panipat, Panvel, Parbhani, Patiala, Patna, Pimpri-chinchwad, Pondicherry, Pune, Raipur, Rajamahendravaram, Rajkot, Ranchi, Ratlam, Ratnagiri, Rewari, Rohtak, Rourkela, Saharanpur, Salem, Sambalpur, Sangli, Sangrur, Satara, Satna, Shimla, Shimoga, Sikar, Siliguri, Sirohi, Sirsa, Sivakasi, Solapur, Sonepat, Sri ganganagar, Srinagar, Surat, Surendranagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Tirupur, Tuticorin, Udaipur, Udupi, Ujjain, Vadodara, Vapi, Varanasi, Vasai, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Yamuna Nagar, Yavatmal.
Exam Centres Overseas:
- Abu Dhabi
- Online filling up of Examination Forms:
- All candidates in respect of Foundation, Intermediate (IPC), Intermediate & Final Examinations (Existing & Revised Scheme) will be required to apply online at http://icaiexam.icai.org/index1.php# and also pay the applicable examination fee online only
- However, the Exam application form for Post Qualification Course Exam International Taxation - Assessment Test (INTT - AT) is to be filled up in the paper-based form only and is priced at Rs.100/- per exam application form
- Fee of Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand only) for centres in India, US $ 300/- for Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai & Muscat centres and INR 1700/-for Kathmandu centre can be remitted using online payment gateway facility with VISA/Master/Maestro Credit/Debit Card
- Late fee of INR 600/- (USD 10) is applicable on payments made on-line from 27th April 2018
- In addition to the applicable fee payable to the Institute by the candidate towards the exam, they will be required to pay bank charges at the following rates, while paying the said fee, on-line through the payment gateway
- These are charges payable by the candidate to the bank and will be recovered along with the applicable fee payable to the Institute:
- Domestic Credit Cards: 0.50% + GST
- Domestic Debit Cards / Rupay Cards:Upto Rs.2000: Nil
- Greater than Rs.2000: 0.9% + GST
- International Card: 0.5% +GST
- Net Banking: Nil
- Admit card with photograph and signature of all the candidates will be hosted on http://icaiexam.icai.org generally 21 days prior to the date of exam
- Candidates may print their admit card from the website, which will be valid for admission to the exam
- They will be required to print their admit card by logging-in and selecting the Admit Card from their dashboard from the above-mentioned website
- So also, candidates are advised to keep a photo copy of the PDF of the filled up exam application with them for reference, whenever they correspond with ICAI Exam Dept.
- Details contained in the examination application forms submitted by the candidates will be hosted on website http://icaiexam.icai.org
- Availability of ICAI CPT Online Application Form: 04th Apr 2018 (10:00 Hrs. IST)
- Last Date of Submitting the Form without Late Fees: 26th Apr 2018 upto 05.30 PM
- Hosting of Correction Window-I [(without fee) will be available for one week from the date of hosting]: 01st Week of May 2018 (for one week)
- Hosting of Correction Window-II [(with fee) will be Available upto 09th June 2018]: 04th Week of May 2018 to 09th June 2018
- Last Date for Login Creation/New User Registration: 03rd May 2018 upto 05:30 P.M. (IST)
- Last Date for filling the Form n making payment without Late Fee through already created Login: 26th April 2018 upto 23:59 P.M. (IST)
- Last date for filling the form and making payment with Late Fee through already created Login: 03rd May 2018 upto 23:59 P.M. (IST)
- Last Date for Receipt of Printout of Online Exam Form duly filled up(PDF): 07th May 2018
- Date of CPT Exam: 17th June 2018 (Sunday)
- Likely date of declaration of result (icaiexam.icai.org): Around mid-July 2018.