NCERT Online Yoga Quiz Competition
Due to corona virus (COVID 19), all schools are closed since March 2020. Therefore, in view of this, NCERT is proposed to organize online National Quiz Competition on Yoga.
It also empowers oneself with increased concentration, calm, peace and contentment at mental level leading to inner and outer harmony, therefore Online Quiz on Yoga has been planned. The theme for the Quiz will be Yoga for Health and Harmony.
Who Can Participate?
Children from class VIth to XIIth of all management types of schools as given below are eligible to participate.
Govt. Aided School
Central Board of Secondary Education
CBSE affiliated schools
Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
Private School affiliate to other boards
Demonstration Multipurpose School at RIEs
How to Participate?
For logging into quiz, the participants have to register on DIKSHA portal to take part in the quiz. In details, please provide information like your name, class, date of birth, gender, mobile number (yours parents/guardian) and school name.
Process of Online Quiz
- Each question in the Quiz will be in the Multiple Choice Format and with only one correct answer.Each Question carries 1 mark.
- Students are required to attempt as many questions in 20 minutes.
- You are allowed to attempt the Quiz only once and only one option will be accepted for a question. However, you may revise your answer before final submission within 20 minutes duration.
- After responding to a question, click on the “Next Question” button to go to the next question.
- No negative marking will be done.
- The Quiz questions are prepared in both Hindi and English. You may select one medium for answering.
- After attempting questions, final submission should be clicked. No changes can be made after the final submission.
- For learners with visual impairment there is a text to speech option in both the medium i.e English and Hindi
- Answer keys will be published after the closure of the Quiz
Questions will be available in two languages -Hindi or English. Child can opt any of the language.
Yogic Practices to be covered in Online Yoga Quiz Competition. The Following dimensions of Yoga are embedded into Yoga Quiz
** Yama and Niymaa
** Shatkarma/Kriya (Cleansing Process)
** Bandha and Mudra
The top 100 children from Class VI-VIII and 100 Children from Class IX-XII will get Merit certificates belonging to each system as given below –
- Govt. School
- Govt. Aided School
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
- Demonstration Multipurpose School at RIEs
- CBSE affiliated schools
- Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE)
- Private School affiliate to other boards
The quiz will be open for one month, starting on 21st June 2020 and will close on 20 July midnight, 2020.
Note : Decision of NCERT, New Delhi will be final in all Quiz related matters.
For Detail Information and Syllabus click here