CBSE Single Girl Child Scholarship is provided to those girls who are single girl child of their parents, in order to help their parents in providing them with the further education. Its an effort made by CBSE for the single girl students who score a minimum of 60% marks or 6.2 CGPA grades in class 10.
- The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
- The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
- As per the approval of the Competent Authority dated 23.07.2012, all children born together are Single Girl Child of their parents.
- Gender: Female
- Nationality: Indian
- Class: Should have passed 10th class (From CBSE affliated school) with atleast 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- Candidate who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2018 will be considered.
- A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
Rate of Scholarships and mode of payment
- The rate of scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years.
- Payment will be made through ECS/NEFT
- Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks.
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
- Student(Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
- Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10%enhancement for Class XI & XII.
How to Apply
For Fresh Applicants
- Candidate need to enter her roll number and Date of Birth (as printed on the class X grade sheet) in order to submit the online application form and Submit
- Generation of Registration Number (for future refernce)
- Print the undertaking as provided in the "Guidelines Document" on the website (http://184.108.40.206/cbse/2018/sgcx/default.aspx) fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
- Prepare affidavit, as per format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
- Scan the documnets and Upload.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Last date to apply for the scholarship (Tentative): second week of November 2018