Admission to BTech +MS through Olympiad/KVPY
This mode is for admissions to our undergraduate and dual degree programmes, for applicants who have the distinction of being selected for Olympiads at the national level or earned a high rank in KVPY.
Graduates of the dual degree programmes earn two degrees: B.Tech and MS. The Masters degree requires completion of a research thesis. The programme prepares students for research-oriented jobs and higher studies.
The duration of the programme is 5-years.
- Passed 12th class or equivalent by this year with Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
- Selected for training to represent India at certified International Olympiads in Informatics, Linguistics, Mathematics or Science (Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Physics) during the last 4 years. The qualifying Olympiads for each programme have been listed in the table below. Other Olympiads (including the Junior Science Olympiad) will not be considered.
- Applicants who have been selected for the Indian team at the certified International Olympiads are also eligible to choose the 4-year undergraduate program (in addition to the 5-year dual-degree program) once they are selected through the interviews.
- Applicants with KVPY rank of 5000 or better. Among such applicants, the top 100 will be eligible for interview. Such applicants are eligible for only the CND programme.
Application Fee: INR 1,500 (Non-refundable)
|Programme abbreviation||Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech)||Master of Science (MS) by Research||Qualifying Olympiad with Official Link|
|CND||Computer Science||Computational Natural Sciences||Science, Maths (selected for national training)|
|CLD||Computer Science||Computational Linguistics||IOL, PLO (selected for national training)|
|CSD||Computer Science and Engineering||Computer Science and Engineering||IOI, Maths (selected for national training)|
|ECD||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Electronics and Communication Engineering||Maths (selected for national training)|
|CSE||Computer Science and Engineering||-||IOI, IOL,Science, Maths (selected to represent India)|
|ECE||Electronics and Communication Engineering||-||IOI, IOL,Science, Maths (selected to represent India)|
The list below has the details of Certified Olympiads:
- International Olympiad on Informatics (IOI)
- The IOI is conducted annually by Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS).
- Science Olympiad (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Astronomy)
- The Olympiad is conducted by Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE) under the control of Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India.
- Mathematics Olympiad
- The Mathematics Olympiad is conducted by Homi Bhabha Center for Science Education (HBCSE) on behalf of National Board for Higher Mathematics (NBHM) of the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India. The Olympiad programme culminates with the selection and participation of the students in the international IMO.
- International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) / Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO)
- The International Linguistics Olympiad (IOL) is one of the 12 International Science Olympiads and has been held annually since 2003. The Paninian Linguistics Olympiad (PLO) is conducted by Faculty from India's premier Educational Institutes and some of India's top Computational Linguists.