Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is India's premier national entrance test jointly conducted by MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID), Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain providing quality education in design. MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID) and Avantika University have been established, operated and owned by MIT Group of Institutions, Pune. DAT is conducted primarily to evaluate and shortlist candidates for the under graduate and post graduate program.Candidates aspiring to pursue Undergraduate (B. Des), at MIT Institute of Design (MIT ID), Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain have to take the common, mandatory Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2019.
A candidate needs to register for DAT. If shortlisted, he/ she would then need to attend the Studio Test and Personal Interview process conducted by respective of these institutes/university individually.
It offeres B.Des in the following speacialisations
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Interior Space & Furniture Design
- Retail Design
- User Experience Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Design
- Game Design
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Fashion Communication
Twinning program is basically the exchange of students for a couple of years or semesters with the collaborated institution. In this the existing curricula may be supplemented by the additional curricula of the collaborated universities. The joint course structure can be worked out to suit and match the course structure of the corresponding semester.
Students will have the opportunity either to complete their studies in India or Abroad. Twinning program for Bachelors Degree can be of 2+2 or 3+1 nature.
Undergraduate Programmes (2+2 years)
- BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Design Engineering ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- Gender: both
- Academic Qualification: 10+2 from any stream (HSC, CBSE, ICSE, IB.)
- B.Des Programme: 200 seats
- B.Des Fashion programes: 60 seats
How to Apply
- Step 1: Register for DAT
- Step 2: An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Step 3: Provide the required details in the application form.
- Step 4: Upload the required documents accept the declaration and submit the online application form.
- Step 5: Proceed to payment option and pay ?3360 (?3000 +12% GST) for Indian applicants and and ?5040 (?4500 + 12% GST) for NRI, PIO, CIO and Foreign Nationals.
- Step 6: On scrutiny, verification and acceptance of application form, Admit card will be generated and sent to candidates registered email id. Candidates can also download the Admit Card by login to his/ her profile on DAT portal.
NOTE: Applications are invited through online mode only
Online Payment through Net Banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card
Demand Draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design. Demand Draft should be sent to following address
MIT Institute of Design,
Rajbaug, Loni Kalbhor
Pune Solapur Highway
- Phase - 1: DAT (Design Aptitude Test) conducted at various centres across the country. MITID reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres. Based on scores obtained from DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for second phase.
- Phase – 2: Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune. The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at Institute in Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates for the Second Phase will be announced on MITID website.
No separate call letters will be sent to the shortlisted candidates. All those candidates called for the second phase are required to attend the studio tests and interview, which completes the process of selection. The Admission Committee decides the procedures, grades and weightage every year.
In an effort to make quality design education more affordable and reachable to students from economically weaker sections, the institute offers Scholarships to all needy entrants. The MIT Institute of Design grants partial scholarships to 10 number of the total students each year. The eligibility of the scholarships would depend upon the performance of the student and his/her financial needs. The interview panel will decide whether one is eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship application form should be availed by the applicant from the Institute office after getting admission to the Institute. Along with the duly filled scholarship form, one will have to attach necessary documents showing the income statements of the family members / guardians.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Applications have already started
- Last date to Apply: 28 February 2019
- Design Aptitude Test (DAT): 7 April 2019
- Result of DAT: 22 April 2019
- B.Des Studio Test & Interview: 13 to 18 May 2019
- B.Des Fashion Design/Management Studio Test & Interview: 20 to 23 May 2019
- B.Des Final List: 20 May 2019