Online applications are invited for admission from 10+2 Students in any stream (appearing or passed), for a qualifying /screening test for admission in BBA & BCA 3 year programme to be conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University at Shimla.
- Academic Qualification: Plus Two examination under 10+2 system or examination equivalent thereto of a Board/ University established by Law in India with 45% marks (40% marks for Scheduled Caste/ Schedule Tribe candidates).
- Age Limit (For BBA): The maximum age limit for the course is 22 years on the 1st July of the year concerned, provided that in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes, the upper age limit will be relaxed by three years. Provided further that the Vice-Chancellor shall have the power to permit age relaxation for reasons to be recorded in writing up to a maximum of three months.
- Age Limit (For BCA): The maximum age limit for the course is 21 years for male candidates of General Category, 23 years for female candidates of General category and 24 years for both male and female candidates of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe category as on 1st July of the year concerned. The Vice-Chancellor may permit age relaxation up to maximum of three months.
- Bachelor of Business Admistration (BBA): 40 seats
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA): 30 seats
Admission is based on competitive examination. The weightage assigned in computing merit is as follows:
- Application Ratings: 15 Marks each for Matric and 10+2 examination levels on the basis of percentage scored in the examination. While computing merit a candidate having Commerce or Mathematics as a subject at 10+2 Level will be given additional weightage of 10% of the percentage of aggregate marks obtained by him/her in 10+2 examination
- Written Test: 50 Marks
- Group Discussion: 10 Marks
- Interview: 10 Marks
The final admission to BCA is based on a competitive examination alone for 30 subsidized seats. The competitive test shall comprise of three parts, e.g. Mathematics (40%), Logical Ability (40%) and General Awareness (20%).
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Click the link given below
- STEP 2: Fill in the details required
- STEP 3: Make Payment
- STEP 4: Submit the Form
- For General Category: INR 400
- For SC/ST/Antyodya/IRDP:INR 250
The admission to 40 subsidized seats is based on competitive examination which comprises Application Ratings, Written Test (comprising of four parts, e.g. General English, General Mathematics, General Knowledge and General Management), Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Date of Online Application Starts: 10 April 2019
- Last date of receipt of Admission Form: 17 may 2019
- Date of Entrance Test: 2 June 2019
- Date of Declaration of Result of Entrance Test: 18 June 2019