Design Aptitude Test (DAT) is India's premier national entrance test jointly conducted by MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID), Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain providing quality education in design. MIT Institute of Design (MIT-ID) and Avantika University have been established, operated and owned by MIT Group of Institutions, Pune. DAT is conducted primarily to evaluate and shortlist candidates for the under graduate and post graduate program.Candidates aspiring to pursue Undergraduate (B. Des), at MIT Institute of Design (MIT ID), Pune and Avantika University, Ujjain have to take the common, mandatory Design Aptitude Test (DAT) 2019.
A candidate needs to register for DAT. If shortlisted, he/ she would then need to attend the Studio Test and Personal Interview process conducted by respective of these institutes/university individually.
It offeres B.Des in the following specialisations
- Product Design
- Transportation Design
- Interior Space & Furniture Design
- Retail Design
- User Experience Design
- Graphic Design
- Animation Film Design
- Film & Video Design
- Game Design
- B.Des Fashion Design
- B.Des Fashion Communication
Twinning program is basically the exchange of students for a couple of years or semesters with the collaborated institution. In this the existing curricula may be supplemented by the additional curricula of the collaborated universities. The joint course structure can be worked out to suit and match the course structure of the corresponding semester.
Students will have the opportunity either to complete their studies in India or Abroad. Twinning program for Bachelors Degree can be of 2+2 or 3+1 nature.
Undergraduate Programmes (2+2 years)
- BA (Hons) Design for Industry (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) 3D Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Animation (In collaboration with Northumbria University UK)
- BA (Hons) Graphic Design ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Product Design and Technology ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- BSc (Hons) Design Engineering ( In collaboration with Manchester Metropolitan University, UK)
- Academic Qualification: 10+2 from any stream (HSC, CBSE, ICSE, IB)
How to apply
Step 1: Register for DAT
Step 2: An automated verification link will be sent to your registered email ID. Activate your account by clicking the link.
Step 3: Provide the required details in the application form
Step 4: Proceed to payment option and pay ₹3000 for Indian applicants and and ₹4500 for NRI, PIO, OCI & Foreign Nationals
- Online Payment through Net Banking / Credit Card / Debit Card
- Demand Draft in favour of MIT ADT University-MIT Institute of Design, Payable at Pune
Candidate have to write their names behind the demand draft & sent it to following address.
MIT Institute of Design,
Rajbaug, Loni Kalbhor
Pune Solapur Highway
Admission will be done on the basis of entrance exam
Phase - 1: DAT (Design Aptitude Test) conducted at various centres across the country. MITID reserves its right to change or cancel any of these centres. Based on scores obtained from DAT, shortlisted candidates will be called for second phase.
Phase – 2: Studio Test and Personal Interview at MITID campus in Pune. The second phase of the admission procedure will consist of studio tests followed by personal interviews at Institute in Pune. The list of shortlisted candidates for the Second Phase will be announced on MITID website.
For more information Click the link given below
- Application start date: Already started
- Last date to apply: 29th February 2020
- DAT Exam: 5th April 2020
- DAT Result: 20th April 2020
- B.Des Studio Test and Interview: 4th May - 9th May 2020
- B.Des Fashion Studio Test and Interview: 11th May - 14th May 2020