Nirma University, Ahmedabad Department of Design Admission 2019-20 has started and the candidates willing to seek admission in Design course are required to fill the application form on or before the due date.
Programmes Offered in Design and Intake
- B.Design program in Communication Design- 40 seats
- B.Design Industrial Design- 40 seats
- Academic Qualification: The candidates seeking admission in the 1st year of Degree Programme leading to Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) shall have passed the HSC examination (10+2) or any other recognized examination from any stream (Science, Commerce and Arts & Humanities) considered as equivalent by Nirma University, in the respective Academic Year of admission or previous Academic Year from the year of admission.
Applicants are required to appear for the Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design [UCEED 2019] conducted by Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IIT). The UCEED examination conducted at different centres all over the country on 19th January 2019.
Click the link given below for information regarding UCEED;
How to Apply
The application for B.Des for Nirma University can only be filled online.
- STEP 1: Click the link given below, to apply and register
- STEP 2: Fill the application form
- STEP 3: Upload documents
- STEP 4: Intiate Payment
Candidates shortlisted on the basis of their performance in UCEED 2019 examination will be called for Situation Test and Personal Interview. The Situation Test and Personal Interview will be conducted at Nirma University, Ahmedabad.
The candidates will be finally selected for admission based on the candidates' performance in the UCEED, Situation Test and Personal Interview.
The following weightage will be given for each component of the selection criteria and composite scores will be computed based on the following selection criteria.
- Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination: 40%
- Situation Test: 40%
- Personal Interview: 20%
Situation Test and Personal Interview
- The Situation Test will evaluate the design aptitude of applicants with the objective of measuring their skills in 2D and 3D visualization, creativity, handling of materials and dexterity.
- Personal Interview of candidates will evaluate general awareness, aptitudes and interests, quality of responses to social and cultural issues etc. Candidates ability to articulate their thoughts through creative work done by the student (such as drawings, paintings, photographs, films/videos made by the student, craft work, project work, models, written work such as articles, stories, essays, poems, etc.) may be shown to the Interview panel.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Online applications for admission starts from: 21 October 2018
- Last date for submitting online applications: 31 March 2019
- Situation Test and Personal Interview: 22 April 2019 to 26 April 2019
- Declaration of merit list: 1 May 2019