The National Institute of Fashion Technology is a leader in fashion education with the ability to integrate knowledge, traditional arts, contemporary thought, academic freedom, innovations in design & technology and creative thinking to continuously upgrade its curriculum to address the changing needs of the industry. Its history of more than three decades at the pinnacle of fashion education stands as a testimony to its focus on core values where academic excellence has been nurtured. The institute has stood as a beacon of industry-academia engagement and a key enabler in developing competent professionals.
Bachelor of Design (4 years)
- Accessory Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
Bachelor of Fashion Technology (4 years)
- Age Limit: Maximum age should be less than 24 years as on 1st August of the year of admission. The upper age limit may be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for candidates of Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Person with Disability (PWD) categories
- Academic Qualification (For B.Des): The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education / State Board New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi.
- Academic Qualification (For B.FTech.): The +2 level examination in the 10+2 pattern of examination of any recognized Central/State Board of Secondary Examination, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and Council for Indian School of Certificate Examination, New Delhi with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Date of Written Examination for all UG Programmes: 14th February, 2021.
Bachelor of Design CAT 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
GAT 02.30 pm to 04.30 pm
Bachelor of Fashion Technology GAT 10.00 am to 01.00 pm
For General Ability Test GAT i.e for B.Des
- Language of Written Test: English
- Test Duration: 120 minutes
|GK and Currant Affairs||15|
The number of questions may vary in each section and for each course year to year. The level of difficulty in questions for courses may vary.
General Ability Test for B.FTech
- Language of Test: English
- Test Duration: 180 minutes
|Section||No. of Questions|
|Communication and Comprehension||45|
|Analytical and Logical Ability||25|
|GK and Caurrent Affairs||25|
Creative Ability Test for B.Des
This test is administered for both UG Design Programmes to judge the intuitive ability, power of observation in concept development and design ability of the candidate. An important aspect of the test is the creative and innovative use of colour and illustration skills.
For more information, click the link given below;
| 21 Jan 2021
Registration Ends at 2359 Hrs.
| 24 Jan 2021
Last Date with Late Fee
| From 25 Jan 2021 (1200 Hrs)
To 28 Jan, 2021 (1600 Hrs)
Window to Edit Application Form
| 01 Feb 2021 [1400 Hrs onwards]
Availablity of Admit Card
| 14 Feb 2021, Sunday
Written Entrance Exam Date