Ashoka University is a pioneer in its focus on providing a liberal education at par with the best in the world. The aim at Ashoka is to help students become well-rounded individuals who can think critically about issues from multiple perspectives, communicate effectively and become leaders with a commitment to public service.
Young Scholars Programme (YSP) YSP is a pre college programme for high-school students who are studying in Class 9, 10, 11 and 12 in May 2022. With its unique interdisciplinary coursework taught by world-class faculty, this programme is an excellent introduction to the pedagogy of liberal arts and sciences.
- High school students from throughout India and across the world are eligible to apply.
- Students should be in class 9,10, 11 or 12 while they are attending the programme, i.e. in May 2022.
- This year, students who appeared for class 12th board exams are also eligible for YSP.
Applicants will need to fill an online form submitting their high school marks and write an essay. They should be able to demonstrate intellectual curiosity and have the ability to explore different ideas. Classes will be held as per Indian Standard Time (IST).
Application Fee: INR 500/-
Programme Fee: INR 25,000/- (inclusive of taxes)
Who is the YSP for?
The YSP is for students who feel that studying just a single discipline in high school is holding them back and for those who wish to broaden their horizons of learning and explore what a liberal arts and sciences education is all about. This is done using a unique interdisciplinary coursework prepared specifically for the Young Scholars Programme.
- For high school students who aren’t satisfied with the level of teaching or the education they’ve received in general, learning from the absolute stellar faculty at Ashoka University that teaches at YSP made students feel much more empowered. Every single professor who teaches at YSP is a stalwart of their field and in most cases, the same person behind a lot of things we grew up reading.
- A bunch of scholars in the previous cohorts were simply confused and didn’t know what to pursue in future. YSP gave them a flavour of and access to a broad spectrum of disciplines to explore. This helped them develop an ability to think and analyze situations with an interdisciplinary approach and multiple perspectives.
- For students who were particularly sure of what they wanted to pursue in college, the YSP laid down and strengthened the foundation necessary for any undergraduate education
Application Deadline: April 10, 2022
Dates for Programme May 16 to 20, 2022