The Christian Medical College Vellore (CMC) is ranked amongst the topmost medical colleges in India and offers an extensive range of undergraduate, postgraduate and higher speciality courses in medicine, nursing, allied health sciences and related disciplines.
All courses are affiliated to the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai where the minimum qualification prescribed is an equivalent to 10+2 Higher Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study, the last two years of study comprising Physics, Chemistry and Biology with English.
- Bachelor of Science Nursing
- Bachelor of Audiology & Speech Language Pathology
- BSc Medical Records Science
- BSc Critical Care Technology
- Bachelor of Prosthetics & Orthotics
- BSc Dialysis Technology
- BSc MLT
- BSc Nuclear Medicine Technology
- BSc Radiology & Imaging Technology
- BSc Radiotherapy Technology
- BSc Medical Sociology
- B. Optom
- BSc Cardio Pulmonary Perfusion Care Technology
- BSc Operation Theatre & Anaesthesia Technology
- BSc Neuroelectrophysiology
- BSc Accident and Emergency Care Technology
- BSc Cardiac Technology
- BSc Respiratory Therapy
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves online
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the photograph & Signatures
Step 4: Pay the application fee
The application fee includes a basic administrative fee of Rs.800/- plus a registration fee per course applied. The registration fee per course is given below: Group A courses: MBBS, BSc (Nursing) & AHS Degree Courses – Rs. 500/- per course
Admission will be done on the basis of 2 steps
Step I (Aptitude Test)
- Computer-Based tests consisting of multiple choice questions are conducted in English .
- Each question will have four possible answers. Your task will be to select the one best answer to each question.
- there are 60 questions each in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (120 minutes total time).
- An Aptitude Assessment computer based test, consisting of 120 questions in General Ability including Speed and Accuracy and also a few questions on issues of current topical interest is conducted.
- There are 120 questions in General Ability in two sections. Section I with 60 questions to be answered in 50 minutes and Section II with 60 questions to be answered in 20 minutes
Step II (Special Test & Interview)
Note: Only Short-listed candidates who cleared step I will be invited for Step-2
CMC upholds the value that all its alumni will commit themselves to the service of the poor and marginalised. Hence, the cost of education is kept at a very modest level to prevent graduates being burdened with financial preoccupations.
All candidates admitted to the various courses will have to undertake a service obligation, to work in an area of need for a minimum period of two years after completion of training. This process is expected to nurture our graduates into a life of service and allow them to work in a learning environment where they can take informed decisions about their future careers. The candidates chosen under the open category will serve in areas of need identified by Christian Medical College, Vellore.
- Application start date: 27th April, 2021
- Last date to apply: 15th June 2021
- Last Date for submission of supporting documents: 22nd June 2021
- Exam date (Step-1): 10th August 2021