The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
The objective of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them realize their academic potential; encourage them to take up research careers in Science, and ensure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
The Department of Science and Technology, the nodal agency of the Government has entrusted the overall responsibility for organizing and running the KVPY Program to the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore and set up a Management Committee and a National Advisory Committee (NAC) for overseeing its implementation. A core committee looks after both the day-to-day and academic aspects of the KVPY Program.
- The KVPY Fellowships are given to Indian Nationals to Study in India
- Stream SA: Students enrolled in XI Standard (Science Subjects) during the academic year 2020-21 and having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects in the X Standard Board examination immediately in the preceding academic year are eligible to appear for Aptitude test.
- Stream SX: Students enrolled in XII Standard/ (+2) (Science subjects) during the academic year 2020–21 and aspiring to join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences namely Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S. for the session 2021–22 provided they have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/ Biology) in the X Standard Board Examination during the academic year 2018-19 are eligible to appear for the Aptitude test.
The fellowship of the students selected under this stream will be activated only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2020-21 after having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE subjects (Physics/Chemistry/Biology) in the XII standard Board Examination during academic year 2020-21.
Aptitude Test: Candidates meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, will be called for aptitude test conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country on Sunday, the 31st January 2021.
- Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website from the second week of January 2021
FOR DETAIL INFORMATION-
Application for KVPY-2020 must be done online only.
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully.
- Step 1. Registration
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centres and uploading photo, signature and other certificates, as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the application fee only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once the payment is successful and application is submitted, no refund of application fee will be done
- The application fees for KVPY-2020 are as follows:
For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1250, For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 625 (Bank Charges extra)
Opening of online application portal: 6th September 2020
Date for closing of online application: 5th October 2020
Date of Examination: 31st January 2021