University Institute of Legal Studies was established in 2005. It is presently functional at Ava-lodge campus of H.P.University, Shimla-05. It is at a distance of 3 km from ISBT, Shimla and 15 km from Jubbarhatti Airpot whereas the High-Court and subordinate courts are within the radius of 3-4 kms. This Institute attracts students not only from various parts of Himachal Pradesh but also from the other parts of the country.
The location of the law Institute and the sylvan beauty of its surroundings make it an attractive centre of learning. Currently the University Institute of Legal Studies is running B.A.LL.B (Hons.) Five Year Integrated Course.
- B.A. LL.B (Hons.) for five years Integrated Program
- Academic Qualification: For General Category- 50% minimum marks in 10+2, for SC/ST Category- 45% minimum marks in 10+2, for Physically Disabled - 50%-45% minimum marks in 10+2.
- Age Limit: General- 20, SC/ST-22, Physically Disabled- 25 (Gen), 27 (SC/ST)
- Total Number of Seats:120
- 75% seats shall be reserved for those candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile. The remaining 25% seats shall be open for all.
- 15% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Himachal- Pradesh.
- 7.5% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes of the State of Himachal Pradesh.
- 5% seats shall be reserved for person with disability of Himachal Pradesh with 40% disability to be certified by the competent authority.
- Two seats shall be reserved for Single Girl Child candidate.
- Two seats shall be reserved for J&K Migrants.
For more information, click the link given below;
- Admission to the course shall be made strictly on academic merit, based on the marks obtained in 10+2 or an equivalent examination.
- The list of the merit to this course shall be prepared by University Institute of Legal Studies, H.P.University, Ava-Lodge Campus, Chaura-Maidan, Shimla after conducting interview on 14-06-2019 and final list of Merit shall be displayed on 19-06-2019 on the notice Board of the Himachal Pradesh University Institute of Legal Studies.
- Candiate should carry the Original documents of Matric and 12th at the time of the Interview/Counselling.
How to Apply
- STEP 1: Click the link given below
- STEP 2: Fill the form for Basic Registration
- STEP 3: Submit the form
To know more about admission guidelines, click the link given below;
- Last date to fill the form: 4 June 2019
- Last date for correction/Updating of Online application form: 8 June 2019
- Date of Interview/Counselling: 14 June 2019
- Merit List to be displayed on: 19 June 2019