GREEN Olympiad is an annual written examination on environment initiated by The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI) in 1999. The exam is conducted by Environment Education & Awareness Area (EEA) of TERI and attracts participation from school students across India and abroad.
The examination is open only for schools affiliated to recognized education boards and educational trusts. Students enrolled in such schools from grades IV to X can appear in this examination.
Students who are studying in class 4th-10th can participate in this Olympiad through three levels.
- Level 1: IV & V
- Level 2: VI, VII & VIII
- Level 3: IX & X
Note: Individual registration will not be accepted from students, and they can register only through their school.
- Schools affiliated to a recognized education board/trust can register for this Olympiad
- School will be a center for its registered students, and can nominate any number of students for this examination at each level. However, participation of a minimum number of 10 students per level is mandatory. Examination material will be delivered directly to schools closer to the date of examination.
How to Apply
Only schools can fill this form on behalf of students
School have to send registration form along with the list of participants with bank draft or a proof of online payment to TERI by 31 July 2019 at the following address:
GREEN Olympiad Secretariat
Environment Education and Awareness Area
The Energy and Resources Institute (TERI)
Darbari Seth Block, IHC Complex
Lodhi Road, New Delhi – 110003, India
Each participating student has to pay Rs 75/- 'Registration Fee' to his/her school. After deducting Rs. 5/- per student (towards expenditure for conducting examination in their school premises), school has to pay the total registration fee (i. e. Rs. 70/- × number of participating students) through a Bank Draft drawn in favour of TERI, payable at New Delhi. Cash/ cheque will not be accepted. Online transfer can also be made to the account provided below.
- Name of the A/C Holder: The Energy and Resources Institute
- Account Number: 5008021009
- Name of the Bank and address: Citibank, Jeevan Bharti Building, 4th Floor, 124 Connaught Circus, Connaught Place, New Delhi-110001, India
- Swift Code: CITIINBX
- IFSC Code: CITI0000002
GREEN Olympiad is an environment examination comprising objective questions that test environment awareness and analytical skills of students. Questions on a range of issues related to water, waste, energy, air, agriculture, urban landscapes, biodiversity, climate change, and sustainable development are included in the examination.
- Application Start date: Already started
- Last date to apply: 31 July 2019
- Date of Examination: 18 september or 16 October 2019