As India celebrates 75 years of independence, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav. Taking his grand vision forward, the Indian Oil Corporation in collaboration with The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and The Ministry of Culture is launching Jigyasa: The AKAM Quiz.
Jigyasa is a step towards creating awareness and taking forward the parampara of Gyan through technology, innovation, and inclusive learning. Jigyasa, the largest ever quiz organized by India, drinks from the fountain of India’s civilization history; however, true to the evolutionary nature of Bharatiya, it is hosted on state-of-the-art technology, supported by artificial intelligence and machine learning.
We are happy to inform you that JIGYASA - the AKAM Quiz is the first quiz of its kind, open all across the world, with a special module for the age group of 13 to 18 years of age.
One of the key motivations of Jigyasa is derived from PM Narendra Modi’s commitment to Antyodaya. Jigyasa is truly inclusive in nature, encouraging global participation, taking care of the needs of Divyangjan, and being a blend of online and offline modes. JIGYASA will be available in English and 16 Indian languages.
Everyone can play Jigyasa.
The quiz is open to everyone across the world.
1. Participants in the age group of 13 to 18 (as of March 31, 2022) will be eligible to play the pre-qualifier round, followed by the District round, State round, Regional round, and eventually the National round.
2. All other participants will participate in the Jigyasa - Play-Along round. Play Along participants will answer 5 questions per day and win exciting rewards.
Winning team members are eligible for a scholarship of INR 10 lakh each.
1. With an expected reach of 2 crore young adults, Jigyasa promises to kickstart a conversation on the idea and ideals of Bharatiyata across 742 districts of India, that is Bharat.
2. For those in the age group of 13-18 years of age, Jigyasa offers them the opportunity to qualify as district winners who subsequently go to State, Regional and National levels.
3. Jigyasa will be available in 17 languages, thereby capturing the diverse footprint of the world’s only living civilization.
4. Jigyasa aspires to be truly inclusive in nature and supports Divyang Jan and those who are not a part of the formal education system.