Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only) for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) Course commencing in 2020 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services. Candidates will be awarded admission in Colleges of Nursing based on the merit cum choice, subject to medical fitness and the vacancy in each College. The Selected candidates shall execute an Agreement/Bond to serve in the Military Nursing Service.
On successful completion of Nursing Training (4years), the candidates will be granted Permanent/Short Service Commission in the Military Nursing Service, under the Terms and Conditions laid down for grant of such Commission. They shall have to refund the Bond money as per the Bond executed in the event of withdrawal from the Course, Termination of training or refusal to accept Commission in the MNS, if offered. During training they will be provided with free ration, accommodation, uniform allowance and monthly stipend as per existing Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time.
Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B Sc (Nursing) Course, the candidates will be offered Commission in the Military Nursing Service
subject to medical fitness. The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of Commission for the candidates. The date of Commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the Course in the same year.
Only Female candidates who are unmarried/divorced/legally separated/ widow without encumbrances can apply
- Nationality: Citizen of India
- Date of Birth: Born between 01 Oct 1995 and 30 Sep 2003 (both days inclusive)
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory/ Recognized Board/ University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally. The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the Course.
- Physical Standard: Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for Commission in the Armed Forces as amended from time to time. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done. Minimum height required for entry into Armed Forces for female candidates is 152 cm. Gorkhas and candidates belonging to North Eastern region of India, Garhwal and Kumaon will be accepted with a minimum height of 148 cm. Details of medical standards can be seen in the Indian Army websites www.joinindianarmy.nic.in
How to apply
Step 1: Candidates have to register themselves on their website
Step 2: Fill the application form
Step 3: Upload the documents
Step 4: Pay the application fee
- Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Written Test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Apr 2020, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence.
- On the basis of merit of written Test, candidates will be called for interview during May 2020.
- Final selection will be based on Combined merit of Written Test & Interview, subject to medical fitness and vacancy in each College.
Interview & Medical Examination
Merit listed candidates of Online Computer Based Examination will appear for interview & medical examination at selected centres. Candidates declared FIT/UNFIT in medical examination will be informed about their medical status, including the procedure of requesting for APPEAL/REVIEW MEDICAL BOARD by the President of the Selection Medical Board (SMB).
For more information click the link given below
- Application start date: 14 November 2019
- Last date to apply: 2nd December 2019
- Admit card: 3rd week of March 2020
- Examination date: April 2020
- Interview call: May 2020