National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER) Bhubaneswar
Niser established by the Department of Atomic Energy, strives to become a citadel for basic sciences and allied subjects in terms of teaching and research. Its vision includes imparting high-quality science education in a vibrant academic ambiance to the bright, motivated students, by a faculty of distinguished scientists and teachers. The curriculum is amply supported by a strong visitor's programme by accomplished scientists from India and abroad.
NISER offers a 5 year integrated M.Sc. programme in Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical sciences. NISER functions from its own campus at Jatni. Degrees at NISER will be awarded by the Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), a deemed-to-be University within the Department of Atomic Energy.
There are 200+2 seats for 2018 batch, including reserved seats for SC/ST/OBC/PD candidates and two seats for candidates from the state of J&K as per Government norms. To avail reserved seats under OBC category the OBC (NCL) certificate must have been issued on or after June 01, 2017. Further details about the institute are available on the NISER website (http://www.niser.ac.in)
- Candidates must choose 02 (two) centres in order of their preference while filling up of application form
- It is allowed to select two centres from the same city, such as Delhi–East and Delhi–North. Every effort will be made to allot the centre of first preference
- Please note that ultimately the allotment of an exam centre by the Chief Coordinator has to be regarded as final and request for change of centre will, in general, not be entertained.
- The address of the test venue for any centre will be mentioned on the NEST admit card.
- The question paper will consist of 5 (five) sections of objective (MCQ) type questions. Section 1 is the general section and is of 30 marks. There will be no negative marking in the general section
- Sections 2 through 5 are of 50 marks each and will contain subject specific questions from Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- Candidates are permitted to attempt as many subject–sections as they wish. However, only the best three subject–scores along with the score in the general section will be counted for evaluation and merit list preparation
- The answers to each question are to be marked on an OMR (Optical Mark Recognition) sheet
- The syllabus for NEST 2018 primarily follows the NCERT/CBSE science syllabus of class XI–XII. The syllabus can also be downloaded on the www.nestexam.in website under the ‘Syllabus’ tab.
Application Fee :
- The application fee for the male candidates of Male General and OBC categories is Rs.1000/–
- The application fee for candidates in the SC/ST/PD categories and for all female candidates is Rs.500/–. Payments can be made using credit card/debit card/net–banking of more than 40 banks through online payment gateway
- Candidates need not send any document to NEST office in the entire application process (initiative)
- Please refer to the instruction sheet (the ‘How to Apply’ tab on www.nestexam.in) for details of application process
- The admit card for NEST 2018 will be available for downloading from 3rd week of April 2018; admit cards will not be dispatched to any applicant. Applicants must download their admit cards from NEST website (after login)
- The download link will be available only till the day of exam
How to Apply:
- To apply for NEST 2018, candidates must fill–up the online application form through www.nestexam.in on or after 01st January 2018
- Candidates are strongly advised to read the detailed online application procedure available on the website. Online application process closes on 5th March 2018. There is no offline application mode available for NEST 2018
Read the instructions in the given link before applying;
For more information visit the website: www.nestexam.in
- Registration / Online application opens : January 01, 2018 (6:00 pm) [First Monday of January]
- Online application closes : March 05, 2018 (midnight) [First Monday of March]
- Download of admit card starts : April 25, 2018, 10:00 am
- Date of examination : June 02, 2018 (Saturday), 10:00 am - 1:00 pm [First Saturday of June]
- Announcement of results on NEST website : June 18, 2018 [Third Monday of June]